Prayers for Joe (my dad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for Joe (my dad)

Need some prayers. My dad is 78. He has successfully battled prostate cancer 13 years ago and is winning that battle again as we speak.

However, he is starting to battle dementia. Physically he is healthy. Still mows, trims trees, and tinkers a lot. However, his mind is starting to play tricks on him. Hearing voices and occasionally going out in the middle of the night to try to take care of those he thinks are talking to him.

He is a Christian and saved. He openly admits the voices are not real but that he hears them and sometimes reacts to them. Dr's are working with medications hoping to give some relief from these mind tricks but indicate sometimes it is just part of the dementia process. It is difficult for mom as she has to deal with the quirky issues and sometimes keeping him from harms way most everyday. I am sure that gets challenging. He is frustrated as well as he knows it isn't real but at times his mind convinces him it is...not to mention he hates limited activity.

So asking for some prayers for both his mind and her stamina. Thanks.

Praying for your Dad, and family.

Comment

That must be terrible for him to deal with and for the family to witness. Prayers sent for your Dad.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Prayers up for your family. This is a cruel Illness.

Comment

Prayers for you all

Comment

Prayers up!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up for the Family.

Comment

Praying for him and your family. Dad went from that to pretty much full-blown Alzheimers in the last 2-3 years. Crazy that he can successfully work crosswords like he always has. But without my mom he might take 4 or 5 showers in a morning. She is a full time husband sitter.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for yall. My dad just recently turned 90 and has dementia. It's steadily getting worse and a incredibly cruel disease. He lives across the street so I see him and it's affects daily. Medicine doesn't help him. About the only we can do is love him and have the patience to answer his questions and try to help him understand and deal with his "new" world and thoughts!

I will pray for your dad and mom! I will also pray for you and your family. It's just so hard for everyone involved!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

Working...
                              X