Opinions in Sig Cross .308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions in Sig Cross .308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor

Looking to get a lighter weight rifle to take out to a lease in Rocksprings. The shots are generally less than 100 yards, does anyone have experience shooting the Cross in both calibers and have a favorite between the two?

I generally think of a 6.5 CM as a long range caliber. For 100 to 200 yards the .308 would be my choice. No pig I ever saw ever got over being shot with a .308

Comment

.308....10 times out of 10!

Comment

Within 200 yards .308 but either will be a solid choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a. 308

Comment

Comment

308 all day, even at longer distances. Can't help with the gun itself. Looks neat.

Comment

Thanks y’all. I was leaving toward .308 was just a bit hesitant on this particular platform since it is on the lighter side.

Comment

No experience with that particular rifle. At 200 yards or less, either one will get the job done.

Comment

IMO either one , .264 or .308 cal @ 100 yards are about equal
                    Even a 30WCF @ 100 = dead critters

Comment

You aren't going to see much of any difference between the two at 100 yards.

.308 Ammo is quite a bit easier to come by right now if that makes a difference. It's been on the shelf in several varieties every time I've been in Academy or any LGS around here in the last 6 months or longer. 6.5 Creed is definitely getting easy to find again, you just have to look a little harder and may have to pay a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        .308....10 times out of 10!
                        This!
                        Plus you have to grow a bun for the 6.5

Comment

You can't go wrong either way. I have and shoot both and ain't getting rid of either. It depends on what you want to do with it really. If you want to shoot out past 500yds its pretty easy to get a load (factory or handload) in the 6.5 cm that will carry more energy and require less adjustments for atmospheric conditions than the 308. Under 500yds the 308 will have more energy and atmospheric adjustments are still less in the 6.5cm but are not enough to make a big difference in comparing the 2. Basically beyond 500yds BCs favor the 6.5cm. If you will be buying factory loads in the current and probably future political and societal climate we have it will probably be easier and cheaper to get 308 ammo.
                          Last edited by DuramaxDude; 11-12-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Did you notice any significant difference in recoil?

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                            You can't go wrong either way. I have and shoot both and ain't getting rid of either. It depends on what you want to do with it really. If you want to shoot out past 500yds its pretty easy to get a load (factory or handload) in the 6.5 cm that will carry more energy and require less adjustments for atmospheric conditions than the 308. Under 500yds the 308 will have more energy and atmospheric adjustments are still less in the 6.5cm but are not enough to make a big difference in comparing the 2. Basically beyond 500yds BCs favor the 6.5cm. If you will be buying factory loads in the current and probably future political and societal climate we have it will probably be easier and cheaper to get 308 ammo.

Comment

Check the reviews on the Sig Cross. I seem to remember some really bad reviews. Check Military Arms Channel on Youtube. He raked it over the coals.

Comment

Working...
                              X