F250 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 Owners

I know this is a broad question but would you feel comfortable buying a 2018-2017 F250 with around 100-115K miles on it? im curious about the longevity of the 6.7 powerstroke's as i'm in the market for a new (to me) truck to pull my boat and camper.

I've got a 2017 with 130,000 on it. Still drives great, only issue I've had is it will throw a DEF code every now and then. I just delete with code reader.

Comment

I bought a 2012 in 2017 with 170,000. Has 205,000 now and have out an exhaust manifold gasket, o2 sensor, and changed all the fluids. 100k isn't alot of miles anymore imo.

Comment

I bought an ‘08 2 years ago with 68,000 miles on it, now have 90,000. I figure if it’s supposed to go 400,000 + miles it’s barely broken in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2017 F350 with 70K miles on it. I wouldn’t worry about the longevity of the 6.7 at all. The two things that would worry me are the fuel system and the emissions system, and mileage has no real bearing on either one. If you get bad fuel the system is going to go. If you pump gas or DEF in the tank then the system is going to go. Doesn’t matter if you have 5 miles or 500k miles.

Comment

my 2016 has 120k and no issues to date

Comment

I wouldn’t hesitate. I have a 2012 with 125k and fully expect to get 300k+ out of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a '12 with 165k. Drive it all over the US for hunting and whatnot, pull a 37' TT with it too. Been a great truck apart from one or two minor issues that were not engine related.

Comment

2012 with 168,000 oil sensor only thing I have changed

Comment

Just understand at that mileage some maintenance is likely needed on wear parts like wheel bearings, suspension components (depending on how it was treated). Usually the motors are still in good shape but it's the ancillary systems that start failing.

Comment

Yes , the 2020 has a CP4 fuel pump, 2018 is CP3

The video is about how the cp4 is having a huge amount of failure

Comment

Back in 2017 I traded my 2011 F250 with 6.7 with 235,000 miles and never had any issues with it. I now have a F350 with 140,000 miles and haven't had any issues with it either.

Comment

Traded in my 2014 with 300K miles. All I replaced was a radiator and brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            Traded in my 2014 with 300K miles. All I replaced was a radiator and brakes.
                            Factory emissions?

Comment

Thank you boys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X