Experiences with new car lease???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bride is getting the bug for a new ride, just looking at options. I've never leased a vehicle before, but I think it may make some sense for hers.

~22,000 miles a year
    Keeps them 3-4 years
    She takes good care of her stuff
    She likes all the bells and whistles
    We are probably 8,000$ in the black on debt/value with the current ride

Any of you in a similiar situation prefer a lease?

Did you lease through a dealership, or Autoflex/D&M type auto leasing place?

I leased through GM in 2006. There will be plenty of naysayers, but if you don't keep them long enough to get your money out of them, might as well lease and always drive something newer and under warranty. I paid up front for the extra mileage and still came out ok in the end.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It is called a Flease for a reason.

Comment

Keep track of the miles

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          My bride is getting the bug for a new ride, just looking at options. I've never leased a vehicle before, but I think it may make some sense for hers.

~22,000 miles a year
          Keeps them 3-4 years
          She takes good care of her stuff
          She likes all the bells and whistles
          We are probably 8,000$ in the black on debt/value with the current ride

Any of you in a similiar situation prefer a lease?

Did you lease through a dealership, or Autoflex/D&M type auto leasing place?
          Honestly that's a lot of miles for a lease. Some teaser rates are 10k a year. Most will quote 12k a year and many will say 15k if you pay up front. Most certified preown programs which drive competitive lease rates with high residual value like gently used cars turned in with 24-36k miles. Not cars pushing 70k that are three years.

Comment

Something like this is plenty affordable Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	24465468

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If she is interested in working with Sewell in Dallas let me know and I will get my brother (service manager at Sewell Cadillac) to refer you to someone at the dealership you are interested in. He was at Sewell Infinty until a year or so ago and knows the sales folks at each very well. He leases all of his wifes vehicles and knows the "lease game" pretty well

Comment

Wants all the bells and whistles = wants to drive it a lot = overage on miles.

I would advise against it. Leasing was created by the auto dealers, it benefits them. That is reason enough for me to steer clear of them.

Comment

Buy used, pay cash if all possible. It's not alway the case though

Comment

I spoke with a couple dealerships this week about leasing a daily commuter car. The most miles they offered were 15 k per yr and .15-.20 cents/mile afterward. No bueno for me

Comment

Who drives less than 15k miles a year? That's a deal killer.

Comment

Comment

Sooooo pretty much everyone... That chart is surprising to me. I thought 22 was pretty low, I average 35 or so.

Comment

Lease is the biggest ripoff imo.

Stay away and buy a used vehicle for $15k

Comment

we traded our car in & went with a Kia Sportage lease. 20K miles BUT we have another fairly new vehicle paid for also. Wife drives the lease most of time & we are well under miles. I do lots of travel hunting & shooting tournaments & use the older vehicle for it. B/4 we did this we discussed it with our BEST friend (worked in car dealerships all his life) who always leases. It's been great for us but we are aware of the mileage & know we will never go over.. ITS a nightmare if you do $$$$ wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X