Konnor won a few more races today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konnor won a few more races today!

Our scout district hasn't ever had a district level pinewood derby. This year I volunteered to set it up and run it. I had the help of 3 of my great den leaders to make it all work.

Konnor won 1st in the Bears (his age bracket)!

Then won 1st in the entire district that covers area from Fulshear to Palacios!

Every kid has their thing. He's not much of an athlete, but he really loves scouts.

Oh, I won 1st in the open (old man) division too.

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Hot dang man. That’s great. Glad he found his thing.

Comment

Congratulations to you both. That is awesome.

Comment

Congrats, I had fun back in the day when my son did that.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Congrats!

got any pics?

Comment

Pinewood derbies brought back a lot of memories for me.

Kevin, they got tricycle races now too? I remember one evening down in A&M land...

Comment

Always a good time...congrats.

Comment

Sounds like fun! Congratulations!

Comment

Pinewood derby was fun. Just irritating some dad's made it into such a fiasco it was tough for the rest of the kids and their parents to enjoy. Guess that's typical though.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like some fun times. Congrats to both of you and great work sir.

Comment

Almost forgot, good on you to take up the torch! And congrats to Konnor on the wins!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          Congrats!

got any pics?
                          I was busy MCing the event, and Tina was working to keep it going ... the only picture on either of our phones was after everyone was gone.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	dpdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	24682589
                          There should be some posted to our district page. If so, I'll share any good ones.

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Pinewood derbies brought back a lot of memories for me.

Kevin, they got tricycle races now too? I remember one evening down in A&M land...
                          I vaguely remember tricycles, lots of beer, and a hotel lobby.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Pinewood derby was fun. Just irritating some dad's made it into such a fiasco it was tough for the rest of the kids and their parents to enjoy. Guess that's typical though.

There's always a few. The district executive that showed up did tell me that there were some complaints about how the cars were being handled. I told him that I'd send out an apology email and suggest that the ones that had a complaint step up and help run it next year!

The kids had fun and the same executive said that he'd like me to get this going in ALL the districts in our council. Which is like 12 or 13!

Comment

Awesome, congratulations to Konnor!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              I was busy MCing the event, and Tina was working to keep it going ... the only picture on either of our phones was after everyone was gone.

[ATTACH]1088008[/ATTACH]

There should be some posted to our district page. If so, I'll share any good ones.

I vaguely remember tricycles, lots of beer, and a hotel lobby.

There's always a few. The district executive that showed up did tell me that there were some complaints about how the cars were being handled. I told him that I'd send out an apology email and suggest that the ones that had a complaint step up and help run it next year!

The kids had fun and the same executive said that he'd like me to get this going in ALL the districts in our council. Which is like 12 or 13!
                              congratulations to your son. And on you for stepping up.

Last edited by DRT; 05-01-2022, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X