No announcement yet.

Barking neighbors dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a doggie door and our dog will go out and bark for a couple minutes throughout the day. If I’m home I go round her up. I’ve told all of my neighbors to let me know if she is back there barking all day while we are gone. My dog and the neighbors dog meet each other at the gate and act like they want to break through it. Let them meet in the front yard and they couldn’t care less about the other. Typical. I think talking to the neighbor first is the best bet.

I am headed to Amazon now. Will get one of those ultrasonic things y’all suggested. See how that works on her and the neighbors dog.

Comment

My next door neighbor has several dogs that bark at night, I just turn on a fan and drown out the sound and go to sleep

Comment

This is great. Our neighbors have some sort of mid size dog that runs up and down our fence line barking at anything moving. I’m going to try a sonic device

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          When I was a kid our neighbors dog would come in our yard and chase our chickens all the time. An old timer said to pour gasoline on his tail and he would stop. My brother and I decided to try it. The next day here comes the neighbors dog and we poured a cup of gas on his tail. He took off and ran around the house 3 times and fell over. I ask my brother do you think he's dead. Nope, Probably just ran out of gas.

Lol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            I jumped on the people stating to poison the dogs not once condoned the barking.....as far as yelling, take it how ever you want....I really don't care either way
            [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting thread progression overnight. After I read about the infamous antifreeze comment I closed it. The old saying if you scratch down on the surface enough you find the true colors.

Comment

I had one of these barking dogs one time. Only person complaining was me. Didn’t have any neighbors at that time. We had just bought our place and I moved all my bird dogs from my FIL to my new place. I’m pretty sure the dog being in a unfamiliar place had a lot to do with it. I was working a job where I had to be up at 4am. This dang dog was keeping me up and I finally had enough. I started out the door with my shotgun but I came to my senses. Next thing I did was the only other thing I could think of at 2am. And what I did next, broke that dog from random barking!!! Mind you, this was years ago and there wasn’t any of these electronic devices out there.
                You have heard the ole saying, Duct tape can fix anything!!!!
                I know this doesn’t help the OP, but, if you can ever get yer hands on it, just sayin!!!

Comment

Well i am disappointed no one has suggested hump it til it pee’s yet pretty sure that is a cure all for dog habit breaking

Comment

My first instinct would be to approach the neighbor IF I thought they would be willing to listen

But it sounds like the dog barks all the time so the owner knows it barks.

Next step for me would be the sonic gizmo if it was not too pricey. If that worked then problem solved with nothing done to possibly cause hard feelings.

If the gizmo did not work then call LE and let them handle it

I would not do anything to the dog

Comment

Looks like I'll try talking to the neighbor first. We chat regularly and I'll work it into the conversation. I will hope he's not one of those that mentioning this will pi$$ him off.
                      I do know, if I had a complaint about a barking dog that belonged to me, the barking issue would be nipped in the bud real quick.

Comment

How about slippling it a large sized doggie dose of Ex-Lax? Won't kill him, but maybe he can't bark while he's squirting. And maybe he squirts in the neighbors living room.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahan View Post
                          Looks like I'll try talking to the neighbor first. We chat regularly and I'll work it into the conversation. I will hope he's not one of those that mentioning this will pi$$ him off.
                          I do know, if I had a complaint about a barking dog that belonged to me, the barking issue would be nipped in the bud real quick.
                          OP this no help for your dilemma but I sure do like the old Bronco in your avatar.

Comment

Just call the man, police, and let them deal with it.
                            It you go talk first and he or they are butts about it then guess what, they are going to know who called.
                            Tell the police several residents are annoyed and you all want to be anonymous and they will abide by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              OP this no help for your dilemma but I sure do like the old Bronco in your avatar.
                              Thanks for the comment on the Bronco! I get a lot of "thumbs up" driving around in it!

Comment

I bought one of those ultra sonic gizmos and tried it on the three barking dogs next door.
                                One dog stopped in his tracks and shied away when I turned it on, while the others just intensified their barking as I held it out and put it right in their face.
                                Lesson learned, don't waste your money!
                                Ear plugs are cheaper!

Comment

Working...
                                X