Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Shooting Hogs from My Set-Up Ruin The Deer Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Shooting Hogs from My Set-Up Ruin The Deer Hunting?

I have some hog issues that might be keeping deer away from my set-ups. I know people say you cannot kill good bucks with a bow out of pop-up blinds in East Texas but as I've gotten older I like pop-ups. I also have some hogs that I would like to hunt in the off season. Will hunting a set-up and killing hogs in the off season ruin my deer hunting when deer season rolls around? Would also like your thoughts on killing big bucks with a bow out of pop-up blinds in ETX. Thanks and have a blessed day.

Not for me it hasn't.

Comment

No.

Comment

Nope. It will likely have the opposite effect.

Comment

As long as it is in the right spot and brushed in correct, I dont think you will have trouble killing good deer out of it.

Comment

No right the opposite. Few pigs you have the more deer you will see. Kill All Pigs!

Comment

I love pop up blinds in east tx

Work on pigs now.

Comment

I wouldn't think so...it should actually "help" your deer season...

Comment

Hasn't hurt me at all. actually helps.

Comment

Been doing it a long time. It hurts nothing. I’d drag the carcass off away as far as possible though.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I love pop up blinds in east tx

Work on pigs now.
                      What do you do about scent? That seems to be the biggest issue with pop-ups?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                        What do you do about scent? That seems to be the biggest issue with pop-ups?
                        I make my sets with a certain wind in mind. I don't hunt unless the wind is right.

Comment

How do you know the dominant wind direction? I understand there should be a dominant wind but wind can come from any direction. Do you use an app or what is a woodsman trick?

Comment

Maybe it's too simple, but I just watch the wind for a while before I set up. Then I set up two pop ups facing two different wind directions. Then I hunt the better wind.

Comment

Not East Texas, but I killed a pig with my bow the night before I shot my avatar buck. I heart shot her so there was blood everywhere. It was all over the ground, all over the cactus, had pigs squealing and crashing and running all over the place. Had to drive the truck in at night to get her. After all that commotion and scent and everything else that evening, I killed him the next morning. Didn't seem to phase him or the other deer one bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X