Bow Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Sights

I shot a bow for the first time today and really enjoyed it. One thing I might need to replace (bought my bow used) is the sight. I am intrigued by the digital bowsights like Garmin but have never noticed people using these. If anybody has experience with one can you let me know what you think the pros and cons are and if in your opinion they are worth purchasing?

The garmin is a monster to get set up in the beginning, another issue is that it’s not legal in every state.

Comment

Those sites are for the extremely advanced,if you shot today for the first time today then stay more basic

Comment

A single pin slider is the way to go in my opinion. There is a couple of HHA sights in the classified that would be great sights for you .

Comment

Single pin HHA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like the looks of the single pin HHA. My current sight is a three pin which I found bothered me a bit today. Instructor recommended the single. Any particular HHA model you particularly recommend?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had the HHA on my bow, Loved it. I took it off and put a trophy ridge react on and i really like it also.

both have their advantages and disadvantages but i like them both alot.

These are the sights I have:

No other bow sight gives you the speed and precision of the React® H5 bow sight. Faster to sight in and impossible to be inaccurate, the React H5 bow sight will make you a better shooter! Available in both right- and left-hand configurations.

Last edited by HunterU; 09-07-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

For me it all depends on the type of hunting I'm doing. If I hunting from a stand/blind, I like a single pin sight because I will more then likely have the time and the concealment to move the pin to the correct distance. If I'm doing spot and stalk, I use a multi pin sight. Sometimes one or two seconds extra to move a pin can cost you the shot.

Comment

Get a spot hog! The best hunting sights made..

Comment

If it were me, I'd stick with a multi pin for a couple of years just to learn the ins and outs of it. Learn how to pin gap shots. Also because deer or hogs usually dont stay still for long. They are always moving. With a single pin, they are a little more advanced. You might range a critter at 20yds, and when you draw back the critter moves, and now its at 30 yds. Now you may have to let down, re-range it, dial your yardage, and draw back again. That all takes time, and movement. If the critter sees your movement, it has already existed stage left. With a multipin, if you range it at 20 yds, and it moves, you know have several other pins to use without letting down re-ranging, and drawing back again. This is just my .02 but that is what I would do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                        If it were me, I'd stick with a multi pin for a couple of years just to learn the ins and outs of it. Learn how to pin gap shots. Also because deer or hogs usually dont stay still for long. They are always moving. With a single pin, they are a little more advanced. You might range a critter at 20yds, and when you draw back the critter moves, and now its at 30 yds. Now you may have to let down, re-range it, dial your yardage, and draw back again. That all takes time, and movement. If the critter sees your movement, it has already existed stage left. With a multipin, if you range it at 20 yds, and it moves, you know have several other pins to use without letting down re-ranging, and drawing back again. This is just my .02 but that is what I would do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        ^This for sure. Good advise^

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no experience with a Garmin style sights, but at this point still tend to prefer multi pin sights. I'm trying a single pin on my target rig next year, but I'm not loving it yet. My suggestion is a multi pin sight with some good fibers, don't have to be nothing extra fancy. Your 3-pin sight is probably fine, last weekend I was shooting 10 rings at 70 yards with a 4 pin sight and the bottom pin is only 50. Just takes a little learning

Comment

I put a Matthew's 6 pin on my Matthew's Creed XS

Comment

I'm looking hard at the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL double pin.

Comment

Working...
                              X