Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here refill their 1lb propane bottles themselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here refill their 1lb propane bottles themselves?

Considering getting the adapter to refill the one pound camping/heater/lantern, etc, propane cylinders like you buy from Walmart.Is anyone here use them? Are they worth it?

Did you check the DIY forum? And yes, I have one of those adapters.

Comment

My brother in law does it and has good luck with them. He puts the empty bottle in the fridge and chills it first then fills it. He says it gets more to transfer. He has been doing it for years. I don’t do it because I don’t use them that much.

Comment

I have been doing it for the last couple years. Only takes a few minutes,

Comment

I didn't have great luck with it. Seems like they leaked afterwards for some reason?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

I have one and used it some. Seems you can’t get them near as full as new ones. As stated above putting them in refrigerator before helps. And some of the refills leaked. I probably wouldn’t buy it again as the new bottles are pretty cheap.

Comment

I haven’t had much luck at all doing it. The bottles never get full and they seem to leak after filling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I haven’t messed with it since I only use 2-3 little bottles a year. If he used more I might refill them.

Comment

I haven't yet but I've been collecting them.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Did you check the DIY forum? And yes, I have one of those adapters.
                      Not lately.

Good to know about the leaking.

Unless you can get liquid into the bottles, they won't hold as much/last as long. You can't tip the modern 20# bottles to get liquid because if the internal float devices.

Comment

Did it many times never got the performance of a new bottle.
                        Ever read the label on the canister? Says it's a federal felony to transport a refilled bottle. Just read that a few weeks back. Did not know it before.

Comment

I thought I heard or read that transporting refilled 1#'ers was against the law?

Too much trouble for me, no more small ones than I use

Comment

How would anybody know that it was refilled? I sure wouldn't tell on myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had no idea about the transporting law.

Comment

Working...
                              X