No announcement yet.

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still good to go before deer season. Besides, hunt Saturday and Sunday means fishing on Tuesday and Thursday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We fished this weekend in poc. The fish were thick but it was a chore to find anything legal much less decent quality fish. We threw tops and soft plastics, ended up with 17 trout and 3 reds. I found the reds tailing on a grass flat and pulled several 19-1/2” out of the group before getting two of the three keepers. I hadn’t caught reds like that In a long time so that made my day.

We were fishing a little friends and family tournament but ended up getting big red and second place stringer.

Comment

Just got back to service from our Chandeleur trip. Unbelievable would be an understatement. I caught more trout in two days than I have in the last two years. We had the boat limit of 200 trout easily. I bet as a group we threw back that many more keepers. I’m terrible with pictures, did catch me a 26” trout also. She’s still swimming out there for the next guy.

Comment

Dang Philip sounds awesome! I'm in next year on a trip! I gotta try it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Put me down for next year can’t wait for more pictures and stories!

Comment

Congratulations Phillip! You're hooked good now!! Just think now you can come back home and catch 5!

That island fishing will spoil ya.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Congratulations Phillip! You're hooked good now!! Just think now you can come back home and catch 5!

That island fishing will spoil ya.
                It was awesome. The boat, captain and crew was great. Really nice boat. I’ll be back again, once or twice a year. Lol

Comment

Congrats Phillip! Sounds like a Great time! Glad you got to experience the islands at their best!!

Comment

Caught most of the fish on DSL’s. I threw some Trout Support Lures for you Charlie, and I threw a VuDu shrimp for Shane. They were hitting anything you threw. We tried for reds but it was nothing but trout everywhere we went. We waded for trout and drifted for reds to cover more water. Sharks weren’t bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      It was awesome. The boat, captain and crew was great. Really nice boat. I’ll be back again, once or twice a year. Lol
                      It's a whole different game out there. **** good times

Comment

Well since we was spitting distance from the ICW, do these count??

[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Well since we was spitting distance from the ICW, do these count??

[emoji23]

Sweet! Got boots?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackerbox View Post
                            well since we was spitting distance from the icw, do these count??

[emoji23]

sent from my sm-g930v using tapatalk

mmmm mmmmm fried gator!!!

Comment

CONGRATS to Y'all Shane!! You told me to send you some luck!!

Comment

Here’s a stringer pic from the islands.

Comment

Working...
                                X