Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Rig count has dropped for sure and know of some more coming down but all have plans of coming back online first of the year. I think too many got ahead of themselves this year. We have actually been picking up work but don't expect it to keep up through the end of the year.

We are stacking out for the year it looks like. This will most likely be my last hitch then it's time to look for work. Y'all are doing well in a stagnant time because of the way your company does work, the quality of tools y'all have and the people you employ. As you know I've been in the industry a while and have worked closely with your company. Y'all just do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
      We are stacking out for the year it looks like. This will most likely be my last hitch then it's time to look for work. Y'all are doing well in a stagnant time because of the way your company does work, the quality of tools y'all have and the people you employ. As you know I've been in the industry a while and have worked closely with your company. Y'all just do it right.
      Thank you sir. It’s taken some time to get there but hopefully it continues. The motors are continuing to get better and have more options in the works.

You guys are some of the ones I knew about. Hopefully it won’t last long

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        We just finished the first well on a new project for a new operator. 19 day well when they previously averaged 47 days per well. We have a lot of room to improve on 19 days, but the CEO made a rig visit and was very pleased. He said this rig has guaranteed work until Dec 2020 and they’re picking up 3 more rigs. Things can go south in a hurry but for the foreseeable future we’ee doing alright.
        You on 659?

Comment

In the Permian basin things are still busy and still screaming along around pecos north to Carlsbad. A few smaller companies have slowed a bit due to overspending earlier in the year. The bigger players are still busy

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

You on 659?
            Yes sir.

I drove from Kermit to Mentone on 302 this morning and if it’s slowing down over this way they sure forgot to tell the idiots on the road!

Comment

Yes sir.

I drove from Kermit to Mentone on 302 this morning and if it’s slowing down over this way they sure forgot to tell the idiots on the road!
              Those guys did a smart thing picking up a rig that had just left EOG. Pair that with y’all and good tools they shouldn’t ever see the slow wells again

Comment

Those guys did a smart thing picking up a rig that had just left EOG. Pair that with y’all and good tools they shouldn’t ever see the slow wells again
                are they running the Atlas tool?

Comment

Yes sir.

That's the whole dam Permian. I got a guy over there in Mentone today and he was telling me all about the idiots. I'm in Barstow and the rest of the idiots were on 20 this morning

Y'all boys keep drilling!!! Keeps me and my guys out here running gas lift equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Glad you got the 3rd qtr bump! I’m convinced 4th qtr is going to be slow but so far my customers keep sending PO’s and one old customer came back this week so I’m hopeful.
                    I appreciate it. Tell em to keep em coming, dont want them to start the new year behind!

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                    Mike -

Are you machining motor parts?
                    A few here and there, but the customer that has me slammed lately is liner hangers. I have to admit, I dont know what most of the stuff we make is. I am familiar with hanger stuff since I worked for an OEM for almost 10yrs.

Comment

Thank you sir. It’s taken some time to get there but hopefully it continues. The motors are continuing to get better and have more options in the works.

You guys are some of the ones I knew about. Hopefully it won’t last long

What motor are y’all running?

PM if you want.

Comment

are they running the Atlas tool?
                        Mud motors yes

Comment

Mud motors yes
                          the atlas tool is a good one -- I have only heard good things about them.

The company that supplies the Atlas fleet is slowly starting to phase out the NOV series 24 and 36 motors in favor of this tool.

Amazing how far mud motors have come in the past 6 years (my experience) -- everyone is moving away from buying someone else's tool and servicing to creating and designing their own

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            What motor are y’all running?

PM if you want.
                            I feel like you and I should talk -- seems that we might be in the same line of work in the same area...

Comment

I feel like you and I should talk -- seems that we might be in the same line of work in the same area...

Competitors but I’m not against drinking your beer

Comment

the atlas tool is a good one -- I have only heard good things about them.

The company that supplies the Atlas fleet is slowly starting to phase out the NOV series 24 and 36 motors in favor of this tool.

Amazing how far mud motors have come in the past 6 years (my experience) -- everyone is moving away from buying someone else's tool and servicing to creating and designing their own
                                Thats where I work. I oversee Atlas side of things

Comment

Working...
                                X