glock/polygon barrles (reloading)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glock/polygon barrles (reloading)

Im about to get into reloading pistol rounds for my glocks for more range time. From what ive been looking at glocks and other polygon rifle barrels done like bare lead bullets.

Question is, what cheap alternative have yall been using OR have any of yall just used bare lead. Do the poweder coated ones have any issues?

Just looking for cheap ammo to shoot.

Lead is fine. I’ve shot thousands of lead bullets through several glocks (each) and haven’t had a single problem.

I have switched to powder coat or Hi-tek for all of my bullets, but that is to reduce smoke and gunk—never had a problem with leading.

Comment

www.thebluebullets.com I've shot 10,000 plus through my guns in competition with no problems. Use code benos for 5% off. You wont find a better product at a better price anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
        www.thebluebullets.com I've shot 10,000 plus through my guns in competition with no problems. Use code benos for 5% off. You wont find a better product at a better price anywhere.
        These look good

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy copper plated bullets. They're reasonably priced (similar to powder coated) I load them like FMJ, and shoot steel at the Farm with them.

My buddy shoots powder coated bullets out of his cowboy guns. He seems to like them. I have no experience with them.

Comment

From what I've been reading I guess it takes 1000s of rounds without cleaning that can cause build up and potentially increase pressure. So shooting a few hundred then breaking down the pistol looks like it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              Just bought me some of these, i know there is a lead/wait time but its all good. Your code still worked.

Comment

Just got these yesterday. They look and feel pretty sweet.

Comment

When i was in the shooting game i changed to Lone Wolf barrels. Before you get too deep in the reloading game check the availability of components. Primers are as hard to find as rocking horse poop.

Comment

Another vote for plated bullets here. I like the Xtreme brand in 147's for the 9mm pistols and suppressed carbine. Get the pills from Wes at www.sagesreloadingsupply.com.

Comment

I like the Blue Bullets. Shot them out of a glock for a bit. But all my other guns have no issues with them.

Comment

I also use the copper plated. Do the powder coated abrade in the barrel? What does the cleaning routine look like with them?

Comment

I've never had an issue with powder coated bullets and now buy the cheapest lead bullets I can find, or cast my own, then powder coat myself. Plated also work great.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Do the powder coated abrade in the barrel? What does the cleaning routine look like with them?
                            Nope. I've recover a lot of coated bullets that still have powder coat on them after being fired.

They're a lot cleaner than regular lead but still dirtier than copper.

Comment

I was always told not to use reloads in my Glocks. The range I used to go to would not even allow me to shoot reloads in my Glocks while at the range. They said it was a safety issue, but never elaborated. Later I heard sometimes Glocks go Kaboom with reloads b/c the chamber is not fully supported. After hundreds of rounds of reloads being shot over the years with Glocks, I had a kaboom a few years ago. Unsupported rim blew out and sent gas everywhere. Pushed the magazine out of the gun onto the ground. Pretty scary, but no evidence of any gun damage. I have heard you can buy aftermarket barrels with fully supported chambers. For me, I am sticking with factory loads.

Comment

Working...
                              X