Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying From China / Amazon

My company does a lot of internet buying. "Just part of the job."
    It seems more and more stuff is coming from China. i want nothing to do with them and N. Korea, Argentina, Cuba, etc.
    Starting tomorrow I want the country of origin before I hit the buy it now button.
    Our company browser is DuckDuckGo these days, and we need to get used to typing American Made coffee machine......

Rant over...............

ttt..............

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

It is still a choice these days but it slims down what a person can purchase. No doubt about it. Kudos to you for keeping an eye on it though.

Comment

I agree. I try to always locate the manufacturer and if at all possible disregard the China made products. Do not care how cheap it is, it isn’t even in the running for purchase.

Comment

100% Agree 💪🇺🇸

Comment

You might as well turn in all your electronics while you are at it. iPhones, Android phones, etc... they are pretty much all made in China - for now at least. Trumps trade war is pushing that away from China and just moving it to Vietnam, Malaysia and other low cost manufacturing hubs.

People want to complain about low cost manufacturing but then they buy from a Walmart and Amazon. Those actions are in direct conflict with each other.

Comment

Foxconn and Flextronics among others have been here for years. They fabricate and assemble some in Asia and also some assembly in the states.

Make Foxconn and Flextronics fabricate and assemble in the states!

Some of our fabrication needs to come back. Automate what you can and throw labor at the rest!

Comment

We (consumers) are the first ones to blame. Its not about profit, or corporations. Its about our spending habits and preferences. The other things follow that.

Comment

It’s really chicken or the egg in some cases. I’m starting an American made hunting clothing company and if not for our military, certain components wouldn’t even have a domestic counterpart. We were sold out years ago by our government and companies. It’s painful to take on china now, but even worse each passing year.
                    We won’t even license our pattern to anyone with Chinese manufacturing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your using Amazon your supporting the global economy. Sent from my Chinese made iPhone.

Comment

Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X