Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
    Divorce rates are actually way down
    If that's true, then it's because no one is getting married anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
      If that's true, then it's because no one is getting married anymore!
      Pretty much.

Folks are shacking up and having kids/waiting many years before getting married versus their parents & grandparents that got married after a few months so they could

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
        here ya go.................this one works, the guys that don't make it and the ones that are not happy are the ones that still see themselves and what they want as the reason for everything
        Some women there just ain't no pleasing no matter how hard you try. My own experience. Tried for 35 years.

Comment

What makes you think you’d be “the one” for some gal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Popped the question 3 months after we met. Got married the next year and have been married for 12 years now. Both knew early on and we both work to stick through lifes ups and downs.

Comment

My wife and I have known each other since we were kids and our families are friends. We both fought it for awhile but when we finally decided to give it a shot we were both pretty sure we would end up married. Been together 7 years now.

Comment

You will know going on 13 years and I would not trade mine for anything

Comment

I knew she was the one when my parents told me that if we ever broke up, that they would keep her over me.

Also....know what you DONT want. That always helps.

Married 16 yrs
                  Together 19 yrs
                  Last edited by Palmetto; 08-21-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

It has a lot to do with being willing to commit to each other and stand by your commitment no matter what. You will argue, disagree, and maybe not be happy with each other at times but NEVER let the sun go down without working it out. You also have to be willing to admit that youre wrong even if you are right. However, that goes both ways. A marriage should be equally yoked meaning 1 person can be doing the majority of the work to keep the thing going. When you are looking for "The One" is he or she a team player willing to give in some ways and not take more than you give. These days people are too willing to give up and decide to run instead of fight for their marriage. Hope this little bit helps.

Comment

We had a great sermon about this last Sunday and I thought this was very profound.

When you are dating this person did your relationship with Christ become stronger or remain the same.....or did it weaken?

Comment

Good luck! It's box of chocolates....theres folks on here that knew " she's the one" 3 or 4 different times! If you have the same lifestyle, interests and goals ( family, kids, faith, careers ) it should be seamless. If not, theres always alcohol! :0

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                          What makes you think you’d be “the one” for some gal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Cant say i was but i am now. For the one that fits.

Comment

I don't believe that there is only one person that you could have a successful and happy lifelong marriage with. There are definitely people who are very compatible and people who aren't. I've been happily married to my beautiful wife for 28 years so far, and I am so thankful that we found each other and she agreed to marry me. I wouldn't change a thing at all, even if I could. That said, before I met M.C., I dated several other girls. There were probably 2 or 3 others that, I could have married and probably would have been very happy with. I dated a few that definitely would not have worked too!

The main thing is to find a girl who loves you like crazy, but loves the Lord more than you. If she is committed to serving and honoring Him and sees marriage as a serious lifelong commitment, then she'll be committed to working through all your crap and staying married to you in spite of how imperfect you are. If you have the exact same mindset toward the Lord and toward loving her forever, especially on the days she's a little less than perfect, then the two of you will be able to make a long and happy life together as man and wife. If either one of you is not committed to that, then it won't work. It won't matter how infatuated you are with each other at the beginning. Life happens. I don't care who you are. Marriage takes 100% commitment from both people. 50/50 won't work. It's gotta be 100/100.

When you meet someone that you love more than life itself and she loves you the same way, you're both on the same page with putting the Lord and your vows first, and all the timing is right, then she's the right one for you.

Comment

That is a good word Shane! And a point you made reminded me that when I tell folks my wife and I have known each other before 1st grade, that's probably not the best time reference... We also grew up in church and Bible Study together... Having done that, I just don't know how either of us could ever do anything that would be purposefully harmful to the other... We were present at each other's Baptism's... hers came many years before mine, but I remember 'em both like it was yesterday.

Again, Shane, you do have a way with words, and these are filled with wisdom that you posted.

Comment

COMPLETE and FINISHED

No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. However, in a recent linguistic conference held in London and attended by some of the best linguists in the world: Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was the clear winner.

His final challenge was this:
                                Some say there is no difference between “COMPLETE” and FINISHED.
                                Please explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED
                                in a way that is easy to understand.

Here is his astute answer:
                                "When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE.
                                But, when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED.
                                And when the right one catches you with the wrong one,
                                you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!"

His answer was received with a standing ovation.

Comment

Working...
                                X