No announcement yet.

Towing question/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like others have said, I wouldn't attempt to haul the tank full with the trailer.

Comment

I agree with all of you on it is not worth the risk. I just wanted to make sure I was right on my calculations due to it was a little confusing.

As usual the green screen came thur. thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
        Sticker on the door said 2111 the tires are load range with 3195 lb rating
        That makes more sense. I thought you were referring to the actual tires rating.

Comment

I fill several totes and water troughs on my place every couple of weeks and my 3/4 ton chevy really squats with one full tote up against the tool box. im only going a couple miles on a county road but I would never take it on the highway like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

I’ve done it plenty. I’ve also go hit by DOT when WAY over GCVWR on my 350 SRW. I don’t do that anymore lol
            What did you have loaded?

Comment

Towing question/advice

Before we discuss gvwr, you got a plan to get 2200 lbs out of the truck? I’m in the club of go empty and fill at the city park or an rv park.

Edit: I just saw your pump plan. I’d still fill in town after dumping the tt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a tank or creek on the place you could get water from? If you’ve got a two inch pump shouldn’t be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Is there a tank or creek on the place you could get water from? If you’ve got a two inch pump shouldn’t be a problem.
                  No, no water on the place. It is 18 miles or 35 minutes to the closest water due to the roads. Closest town is an hour and 15 minutes away one way due to the first road. So trying to save a few hours. I guess we will be taking 2 trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                    What did you have loaded?
                    Luckily he caught me on the return trip. Wasn’t physically over weight at that time. Over on GCVWR though. Truck is 11,500 GVWR and trailer was 27,000 GVWR for a combined 38,500. The day before I had a 40’ High cube container with some railroad ties inside. Truck, trailer, and container scaled a hair over 29k.

Comment

I am stupid

I’ve done it plenty. I’ve also go hit by DOT when WAY over GCVWR on my 350 SRW. I don’t do that anymore lol
                      Yep I was dropping off a tractor in Pharr Texas, and a buddy asked me to bring him back a combin head , and right off the bat I knew I had bitten off more than I could chew on weight, then in sarita got pulled over by DPS and luckily the tractor dealership excepted full responsibility with DOT , and actually let me continue to bay City, however I did have two blowouts due to weight and heat
                      On the trailer in kingsville ( paid for by my buddy)
                      Never could figure out who to be mad at ( probably more the dealership because they knew I was out of my zone )
                      “ Just because it will pull don’t mean that you are good to go )

P.S
                      Any idea what ten lug axles are rated at ?

Comment

Luckily he caught me on the return trip. Wasn’t physically over weight at that time. Over on GCVWR though. Truck is 11,500 GVWR and trailer was 27,000 GVWR for a combined 38,500. The day before I had a 40’ High cube container with some railroad ties inside. Truck, trailer, and container scaled a hair over 29k.

What trailer is giving you 27K GVWR?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          What trailer is giving you 27K GVWR?
                          Borrowed trailer from a buddy. It was a 40’ with 12Ks underneath. I believe a LoadMax.

Comment

I would do it in a Dually, but not a Single Wheel pickup.

There's almost no difference in 3/4 and 1 ton Single Wheel pickups these days. Like said before, just a different door sticker and maybe an extra overload spring.

Comment

My advice is to haul the tote empty. You’ll be way over the truck’s GVWR and the rear GAWR if you haul it full. Your front axle will be real light and steering/braking effectiveness will be severely diminished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                I would do it in a Dually, but not a Single Wheel pickup.

There's almost no difference in 3/4 and 1 ton Single Wheel pickups these days. Like said before, just a different door sticker and maybe an extra overload spring.

and different rearend etc. More than a sticker and a spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X