Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Solar farm south of Bonham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar farm south of Bonham?

There’s a construction site in a crop field south or southeast of town that peaked my curiosity. Knew something sure was different about it. Then over the weekend I spotted several tracked vehicles all parked equidistant and in line with each other. Couldn’t tell if they were operated remotely or what. It was after seeing the vertical pieces of steel sticking out of the ground that I guessed it to be a solar farm. Sure enough, found a link online.

Anyone else noticed the construction activity? I believe there’s another solar farm being built in southeast or maybe east Fannin County. Can’t remember exactly where I saw that one over the summer.

The landowner that owns where our deer camp is at informed me last weekend that 3000 acres in which 450 is his is going in solar panels. They're currently doing an environmental study. This is in Delta county

Comment

Another environmental disaster in the making.

Comment

The news yesterday said that there is going to be a solar farm NE of Henderson. Said it will come online in 2022. Another one in the Forest Grove area of Henderson County is also scheduled for 2022.

Comment

Did some line locates over in Upton/Crane county area, man they bared off a huge chunk of country, had2 rows of panels started going in, haven't been back since they got it done. As hot and dusty as it's been this year I'd be curious as to how much or how little those panels produced out here in the desert.

Comment

Some big ones have gone in between Paris and Mt. Pleasant in Red River and maybe a portion of Lamar County in the last few years. Lots of money to landowners for the leases from what I hear.

Comment

There will be a lot of solar and wind farms going up the next few years. I’m working on a 200 turbine farm in Deep South Texas.

Comment

Takes lots of Dinosaur bones to make, transport, and maintain them solar panels and wind turbines. Just an unnecessary energy supplement imo. I may be ignorant of it all though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X