Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilbarger County bucks are off to a good start. Rancher has been sending me some video's. Pretty impressive. We're going to pull camera cards next weekend. Hopefully i'll have some nice velvet pics to share. We killed an about 4' rattlesnake last time out.

One of our lease members shot a heavy horned 8 pt last season that weighed 195 lbs after it was gutted. We're getting more into taking fat, heavy, deer, whatever the horns may be. Age works wonders. Can't wait...

Comment

With all the crap going on in our country I am about ready to just move out to our places, good fishing, plenty of great hunting, peace and quiet, lots of snakes, I hate snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        With all the crap going on in our country I am about ready to just move out to our places, good fishing, plenty of great hunting, peace and quiet, lots of snakes, I hate snakes.
        I am with ya there Roger. Life seems to have a lot less problems out there. We went fishin when Jimmie was there and your 3 year old fish are big and in great shape. He made us dull our hooks and cut off our barbs so's not to injury them
        Didn't see any rattlers but saw some moccasins around the lake. Jimmie killed a big un thou at the house. Might have been your porch pet.

Comment

Not many bks showing yet....

I run cell cams nearly year round. Few bucks showed up in the last cpl weeks and fawns on the ground.

Grayson, Johnston, Atoka.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200623-193514_CovertWireless.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	24621434

Name:	Screenshot_20200623-060044_CovertWireless.jpg
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	24621435

Name:	Screenshot_20200623-215608_Gallery.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	24621436

Name:	Screenshot_20200612-063329_CovertWireless.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	24621437

Comment

In from Young County, first year in Markley so pretty darn excited.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going tomorrow to Southwest Oklahoma. Fill up the protein and put cameras back up so hopefully will have a few pictures by the end of the weekend to post .

Comment

Figured out how to save a snap shot from a video. This is one of the bucks the rancher has been getting on video. Hoping to get more pics from game cams next weekend. Hopefully he has some buddies as well...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  Young County checking in. Got 2 inches of rain Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Tanks are full. Deer are hitting the protein harder than ever. Decent horn growth so far. Hoping for more rain the rest of the summer.
                  I'm surprised to hear that about the protein, as green as it's been. I'll be curious to see if they slow down after the recent rains.

I got my old rotten blind replaced a couple weeks ago with a sparkly new one I built. Aside from cutting a few trees down and filling feeders, I think all my crap is ready this year....that's new and different...

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    I am with ya there Roger. Life seems to have a lot less problems out there. We went fishin when Jimmie was there and your 3 year old fish are big and in great shape. He made us dull our hooks and cut off our barbs so's not to injury them
                    Didn't see any rattlers but saw some moccasins around the lake. Jimmie killed a big un thou at the house. Might have been your porch pet.
                    I hate them porch pets !!

Comment

Briscoe & motley county! We’re ready. Have the dates been announced for opener this year? I’m still seeing last years on Tp&w. Bow opener on Monday??

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I'm surprised to hear that about the protein, as green as it's been. I'll be curious to see if they slow down after the recent rains.

I got my old rotten blind replaced a couple weeks ago with a sparkly new one I built. Aside from cutting a few trees down and filling feeders, I think all my crap is ready this year....that's new and different...
                        Before these rains this week my last rain was May 25th so June had been dry. In May I had six days of rain with five of those days over half an inch

Granted I only run 3 timed protein feeders on 640 acres. They are open from 6AM to 8PM

April - 68 pounds per day
                        May - 49 pounds per day
                        June - 103 pounds per day

Comment

mule deer season dates as well? Anyone. Thanks
                          Last edited by Arturo V; 06-26-2020, 07:20 AM.

Comment

My “cellular rain gauge” went up this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              My “cellular rain gauge” went up this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This place looks very familiar, which county ?

Comment

We dont put out cameras. Sit and see what shows up!

Here are a few I saw last year that might work into something nice this year. Sorry for the poor quality. I took all the pics with my cell phone.
                                The first pic was the last day of youth season drinking coffee at the kitchen table watching the house sendero. There were 13 bucks there.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X