Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send money to a friend no fees don’t do it as paying for an item

Comment

Just like with a CC, the seller should price his item to cover his fees. You legally can't say I'm going to charge you more because you use a CC, but you can offer a discount for other forms of pay. Either way about it the buyer pays or should pay the fees it's just usually on the backside.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        I see both sides. Payments to friends are family, the buyer has no recourse if you did not disclose all defects.
        can see both sides as well. seems like it should just be part of the agreed upon terms between buyer and seller. just be clear about before "done deal"

Comment

I never send friends and family unless it’s someone I know. I will add the fees to make the price right though I just don’t trust people enough to send money blind with no recourse if they’re lying

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            I will and have refunded their money and told them no deal unless they cover the fee. But most use friends and family.

I believe PayPal charges fees on refunds now. Meaning if someone pays you $100 via goods and services and you end up getting $96.50 (figure 3.5% fee) but then refund them their $100 payment the other $3.50 is charged to your preferred payment method and they get the full $100 back. So even if they then paid you via F&F you’re still out the 3.5%. Think they changed it back in October or thereabout.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              I never send friends and family unless it’s someone I know. I will add the fees to make the price right though I just don’t trust people enough to send money blind with no recourse if they’re lying
              I probably should. But I’ve paid for $3k+ items F&F lol.

Comment

For what it’s worth, it’s against PayPal’s terms of service to charge the fee to the buyer. Not saying I agree with that, but it is. It seems common practice on gun and hunting forums to expect or demand F&F payments, but maybe the better option is to add the PayPal fee into the price of the item, and give people a cash discount for other methods of payment.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I probably should. But I’ve paid for $3k+ items F&F lol.
                  Yea no way lol

Comment

I think you will save yourself a lot of grief if you clearly state your expectations in your For Sale ads.

Comment

Seller should always pay the fee if needed.

Seller pays commissions on a home sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PayPal is a service that guarantees & facilitates the money transfer. It’s not free. Negotiate who pays it beforehand or get your buyer to snail-mail a check or money order....

Comment

The fee protects the buyer. Figure in that fee or in your price say buyer pays the 3%. I know we don’t have problems much on TBH but rarely we do. I know when I buy something and pay with PayPal I pay goods and services but I’ll add 3% to the price. On the other hand I don’t get upset when I sell something and the buyer does not do the same.

I recently sold 2 items on here. Both sold for $300. One buyer paid friends and family and one goods and services. It’s the cost of doing business in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            A lot of times recently when selling on the TBH classifieds the buyer has paid using Pay Pal and stuck me as the seller with the fees.
                            That's BS. But it's best to list it in your add. Price is PayPal F&F or add 3.5%. Buyer should pay the fee if he wants protection. If you are buying a gun PayPal isn't going to protect you anyhow.

Comment

I pay the fees unless agreed upon differently.
                              PayPal is a service. If you are using friends and family to make a purchase technically you're committing a fraud so I dont. As a business owner I wouldn't like being side stepped on my fees so I dont do it to them.

Gary

Comment

If you sell something for say $100 you need to say on TBH that you need to receive a $100 and if the buyer wants to use pay pal goods and services then they need to send as much as is needed to net the $100 to the buyer.

I would never go buy a car and then deduct the cost of my insurance from what I would send the dealer for payment.

Seems like common sense to me but I guess not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X