Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

A lot of times recently when selling on the TBH classifieds the buyer has paid using Pay Pal and stuck me as the seller with the fees.

So you sell an item for a price and you end up not getting that full price because Pay Pal takes their cut. In my opinion the buyer should eat the fees and the seller should get the agreed upon price.

Am I the only one who sees it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%.

Friends and family only.

Comment

Agree. Buyer should send money using “friends and family”. If they won’t do that then they should the extra money to pay for the costs.

Comment

I agree.
        Either pay friends and family or whatever it is called so you don’t have fees or add the extra fee if you want the protection from Paypal. I’m not taking a cut cause you don’t want to pay another way.

Comment

Venmo is free

Comment

Friends and Family. Free.

Comment

I see both sides. Payments to friends are family, the buyer has no recourse if you did not disclose all defects.

Comment

Agree and I would add the fees to the seller to cover my back side........

Comment

I will and have refunded their money and told them no deal unless they cover the fee. But most use friends and family.

Comment

It should be understood in the deal when you make it who pays the fees. That way there are no hard feelings & everything is up front ,so if one party doesn't agree.

Comment

I agree. Basically you are paying their insurance for them.

Comment

I can see both sides. The buyer is not protected if they pay via friends and family. Also whenever you buy anything, whether it's groceries, gas, clothes etc...with a credit card the seller doesn't adjust the price to cover their merchant service fees. All that being said I try to only use Venmo or Zelle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. If I’m selling something, I want the full negotiated amount. That’s one thing I very much dislike about eBay.... you can knock of 15% from the top by the time you figure in ebay’s commission and paypal’s $$

I did a deal the other day on a different site and the seller said he would do PayPal ONLY if I did it “goods and services” and made no mention of what the transaction was for (XDM trigger) and he voluntarily ate the fees. I still don’t understand what his reasoning was but it didn’t cost me any extra.

Comment

I always use friends and family if it’s fairly inexpensive. If it’s not I send a chk or money order and they can ship once it clears. Don’t wanna have any conflicts with any TBH guys.. lol. I’ve watched y’all literally hunt people down, via the brotherhood. Lol.

Comment

Nearly anything you buy online has 5-15% processing fees that the seller has to pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X