When do you pick a spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you pick a spot?

When we practice we pick a spot, draw and shoot but when we hunt depending on the game, we are watching for that perfect time to draw our bows, so we draw keeping an eye on the game then pick a spot to shoot, this is different than we practice and it happens fast, we do not have the luxury of drawing early and holding for some time, maybe we should practice drawing and then picking a spot. Food for thought!

I usually stare at the antlers and then fling one over their head. lol

Comment

Draw, spot, release
      Spot, draw, release
      Spot, draw, change spot, release
      Good practice

Comment

The way I shoot I have to pick the spot well ahead of drawing. I can watch the animal in my peripheral as I draw but I have tunnel vision focused on that spot.

Comment

With deer that are feeding it's a pretty simple process to pick a spot, the draw while focused on it and release.
          I don't get the same luxury with pigs. Especially smaller ones. They move around so much it's almost a synchronous process.
          Turkeys all bets are off. Dang things are never still.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
            The way I shoot I have to pick the spot well ahead of drawing. I can watch the animal in my peripheral as I draw but I have tunnel vision focused on that spot.

This is what I do ^^^^^^^

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post

Same lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If there’s time, I like to find a spot well before I am ready to draw and visualize the arrow going there. Then I “zoom in” on that spot as I draw. For some reason I can only hold that hyper-focus for a couple of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                  Basically the same as I do. As the animal is coming in, this spot may float and change paths depending on where I’m imagining that arrow exiting based on angles and all.

Comment

I'm changing my technique to a very very slow draw then laser focus on the spot after I hit anchor. I think it will help me with a bad snap shooting habit I have and will actually work better for hunting.

Comment

Draw, anchor, aim, expand till the shot goes off. That's my process anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                        Greatness!! Same here & happy to hear I’m not the only one!

Comment

Draw, anchor, aim, pick a spot and release. Same as I do when practicing

Comment

I have a habit of holding too long trying to really focus on that spot. If I don't let down I have a tendency to shoot high. Being able to see the spot clearly, mentally as well as physically, is pretty critical to me accuracy wise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Draw, anchor, aim, pick a spot and release. Same as I do when practicing

Dean, how in the world can you aim before you pick your spot to aim at???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X