Skinning Knife on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skinning Knife on a budget

I’m looking for a skinning knife with a leather sheath. Anyone recommend anything that’s under 100.00?

This is a smoking deal on a nice knife...

Comment

Bokker makes a great blade. I have several myself.
      They are made in Solingen, Germany, an area which has a long history of producing quality knife blades. At this price point -you can't go wrong.

Comment

My MIL gave me this one about 30 yrs ago. It came from K-Mart and brand is Sharp. This cheap knife has been the best knife I have ever owned. Holds and edge great and sharpens up real nice.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          My MIL gave me this one about 30 yrs ago. It came from K-Mart and brand is Sharp. This cheap knife has been the best knife I have ever owned. Holds and edge great and sharpens up real nice.

I believe sharp got bought out at some point and their quality went downhill. They transitioned to using subpar steel that doesn’t hold an edge for crap. I have one that has to be resharpened at least once in order to finish skinning a deer.

The old saying, they don’t make things like they used to comes to mind. I’d never get rid of that knife if I were you haha!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Old Hickory has one with a leather sheath and I believe it’s around $15. No loss if you lose it. I have an old hickory kitchen knife and it’s good.

Comment

get a havalon or a knives of alaska "bear cub" both <100

Comment

I have a Ken Onion Skinner and I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  I believe sharp got bought out at some point and their quality went downhill. They transitioned to using subpar steel that doesn’t hold an edge for crap. I have one that has to be resharpened at least once in order to finish skinning a deer.

The old saying, they don’t make things like they used to comes to mind. I’d never get rid of that knife if I were you haha!

Sierracharlie out....
                  Yeah, the newer ones aren't worth a crap.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                    Old Hickory has one with a leather sheath and I believe it’s around $15. No loss if you lose it. I have an old hickory kitchen knife and it’s good.
                    This right here. I bought it for 5$ w/o the sheath and it’s skinned more animals than I can remember. Well worth the money especially since it’s only used for one specific purpose.

Comment

I use an Old Timer Sharpfinger. They’re like $20 with a leather sheath. They work fine, I’ve been using the same knife for 4-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                        I’m looking for a skinning knife with a leather sheath. Anyone recommend anything that’s under 100.00?
                        Havalon. replaceable blades, fairly economical.

If you want a sheathable knife under a 100, look at Boker or Puma.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	knife.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24638018

Moore Maker, just ordered one for my son's Christmas present. $101.76 to my door with out engraving its $9.00 cheaper.

Comment

I picked one of these up for a "throw in the bottom of the bag" skinning knife.

Comment

My dad makes skinning/kitchen knives and is within your price range sir. He is retired and does it as a side hustle. Glenn 281330274seven
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 11-24-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X