Life before 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    No they were basically nonexistent in the hunting world in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and early 90's.. To be honest I'm not sure exactly why they are so popular today... I have 0 issue with a person owning one or 100 of them but I have never found any of them appealing or comfortable AT ALL.. Butt azz ugly to be honest and not practical at all for hunting, but that is just my opinion.. I would much rather hunt with a older Model 700, older M77 or an older Model 70.. Something classy with wood on it.. Just my opinion.
    Agree 100%, I own one and there just not even close to as comfortable as all my bolt action rifles. There accurate and get the job done but for hunting I will pass.

Comment

Bought my first one in 1981. Genuine Colt for $400, shot ok, was good for gopher shootin. Not my favorite, prefer a good lever action. Would like to keep one but last one fell in the lake fishing and just can't find it.

Comment

Hunting buddy bought a 350 Legend pistol and it's great fun. He is planning on letting his grandson use it in the blind. Shot a nice buck with it under 75 yards and worked great. Very little recoil and handy in small space, is a little loud.

Comment

Born in '57. NEVER wanted one. Butt ugly, inaccurate rifles. I liked the beauty of the wood grain stocks, and the accuracy of the bolt action. People that had these things were crazies! I even went as far as to say I didn't care if they banned that type rifle. THEN, my son put one together and topped it with a thermal about three years ago. Shot that ugly thing a couple of times and couldn't wait to get my own! Got a Ruger. Couldn't believe how accurate it was. Had it for a couple of years now and it's almost the only thing I shoot. Pigs are out of control now. Went out last night with my son and a buddy, each of us with thermal mounted ARs, and we killed 23 hogs. I'm sold, they are fun! Hope we don't have to fight the government to keep them.

Comment

Lots of old school has little use for them, my buddy being one exception, they are stacked in a circle and lined up, but he is a dumbazz

Comment

We don't really recognize government "bans" where I'm from and live.

But yes, fewer rifles in the mainstream like you're talking about before the '94 ban; but I don't think it had anything to do with that ban. They just didn't become "cool" as a mainstream commodity until later.

Comment

I agree with HOOKNBULLET2 no one much talked about them amongst deer hunters as they weren't designed for hunting

Comment

Working...
                X