Leaving the H4 a little heavier..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving the H4 a little heavier..

A couple of months ago I asked my dad if he would be interested in going on a deer hunt together. Told me he’s always wanted to shoot a big axis so I started looking for a place to go. After a month or so of searching and seeing some TBH reviews I settled on the H4. Got in touch with Jason and set up to shoot two axis does for my brother and I, and an axis buck for dad. We got to the ranch and my dad saw the Oryx Jason had running around and I could tell he forgot all about those axis bucks. My brother knocked down his doe Friday night, and decided to hang back the rest of the hunts. I spent most of the day Saturday trying to spot and stalk a doe with my bow and couldn’t make it happen then Saturday night sat in the blind with a rifle, does showed up about the time my ride home got there, back in the brush they went. Saw several huge axis bucks in the process of trying to get a doe, even got to watch two axis bucks fight 30 yards away! Dad spent all day Saturday trying to spot and stalk a good oryx bull but couldn’t ever get a shot off on the big bull he wanted. Come this morning his back was tore up from all of the walking and bumpy terrain, so he told me go shoot one of those axis bucks! He wasn’t in shape to get back out there and needed to rest before we headed home. As you would imagine I didn’t hesitate, I hit the door and headed for the blind. Got set up and not five minutes later I see four big bodied deer walking towards us. All axis bucks. Could barely make out their antlers, I could just see they were big. Waited about 20 minutes before the sun was just about to break over the horizon and it was all the light I needed to see the big boy. Fired a shot and he stands still, didn’t even flinch! I rack another round and try to find him in the scope again and I ask the guide where did he go?! “Holy sh*t he’s down!!” He didn’t even flinch, did about a ten yard circle like he was gonna run, but his lungs wouldn’t let him!

I’ve never shot an axis before and I’m very lucky I got to take this buck. I couldn’t be happier about getting to take this old dude. I actually got to watch him kick another bucks rear end yesterday morning at 30 yards! Jason has an awesome place and made sure we didn’t go hungry! Ashley and Hector were awesome guides and made sure we stayed on the deer. I’ll definitely be back with the bow, I’ve got a bone to pick with a smart axis doe now! I’ll post more photos as I get better signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats on a very nice Axis.

Comment

Wow................

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Beautiful axis buck!

Comment

Very nice looking buck. Congrats on getting it.

Hope your dad gets to feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats. Beautiful buck.

Comment

Hate that your Dad didn’t connect,but you have some good memories (and meat) to share. Nice buck !

Comment

Congratulations. Beautiful animal!

Comment

Good looking axis

Comment

Good buck!!

Comment

Good photo my guide took this morning as the sun was coming up.

Comment

Congratulations on your buck!
                            Lots of big boys running around the H4!

Comment

Working...
                            X