Lower Rio Grande NWR east lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
    Interested as well. FIL and I drew the 12/7.
    I re read through this whole thing and have actually hunted some farm land pretty close to it. I know there is nilgai in that area like crazy. Just know how my hunt at the Bahia was. I’m expecting it to be next to impossible​​​​​​.

Comment

Up to the top

Comment

Ill be there right after you. 11/16-11/19. You tie a nillgai on a long rope for me to find when your there.How do you like your optima? Im buying a muzzleloader and leaning towards it from the little i know.

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
        Anyone hunted here recently? Found out today me and the wife drew for the 11/9/23-11/12/23 hunt. Says there is 6 hunts and 36 permits so should only be in there with 4 other people I reckon or maybe 5 other groups. Not sure how they do it. I have a CVA optima v2 LR running 300 grain power belts. Looking at getting her(me) a cva accura lr-x in 45 and running the 285 power belt elr. I’ve killed a handful of nilgai and know they are tough critters. Just gotta find them in there is the hard part.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          Ill be there right after you. 11/16-11/19. You tie a nillgai on a long rope for me to find when your there.How do you like your optima? Im buying a muzzleloader and leaning towards it from the little i know.

I can tie one up for u if I find 3 of them. I like the optima ok, the accuracy is meh. I’m really wanting a accura so I can run variflames and squeeze out some more accuracy.

Comment

How was everyone’s success there this year so far? My group has always bow hunted them, but this time I’m picking up a rifle for the first time in about 10 years to chase after them! We saw them like crazy when we hunted Bahia, hoping it will be close to the same and have a good chance at one.

Comment

Working...
            X