Do simple trucks exist anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do simple trucks exist anymore?

Guys can you get a simple cloth seat with radio and power windows truck any more? Is that a fleet truck now? My wife said something about a new truck, I’m not ready yet but I just don’t want so many bells and whistles as my current one has. Does a tough old simple reliable truck exist any more?

Yes, the tundra and grab a 2021 before the 2022s come out. It’s about as simple platform as it gets and holds up.

Comment

Tundra for reliability and lack of bells and whistles for sure. I will be getting the new one when they arrive to the lot, but these current ones are just good ole trucks

Comment

Probably not but I’m not sure. I remember around 2000 I went to buy a new truck and was shocked that I couldn’t find one anywhere without carpet. I hunted waterfowl and wade fished a lot so I liked to just take a water hose to my floor board and wash out the mud and sand. Things have changed for sure.

Comment

Any work truck model fits that description. Plenty available compared to the higher trims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy a 3/4 ton Dodge tradesmen I try and find vinyl flooring and seats.It’s a very base model but they are very nice.I drive em 3 years and turn em into crew trucks.

Comment

I have a 2021 ram 2500 tradesman. Power windows and locks. Cruise on steering wheel only, no radio functions. 4 wheel drive shifter is manual in the floor. Transmission shifter is on the column and not a knob you turn to select a gear. It does have push button start on the dash. I liked it because it was basic inside and still had the nice trim outside like the chrome grill and wheels instead of a black grill and gray steel wheels.

Comment

Most work trucks come with vinyl seats. Ford makes the SXT package for a basic nice truck.
                Ram has the Tradesman basic package. Not sure what Chevy amd GMC have. Tundra is another option.

Comment

Ford XL is pretty nice. It has vinyl floor and vinyl seats. The seats are actually comfortable. I road to Colorado in one and was very surprised with the comfort.

Comment

One things for sure.
                    You can not buy a manual transmission
                    Sucks

Comment

Have to go back to 1998 to find a truck like that. Look for a good used one.

Comment

I have a 2020 F250 King Ranch, full of bells and whistles, as soon as I can find a duramax, Its gone!

Comment

I wish they would go back to making a simple key that you use to start it

Comment

I feel like my 2003 6.0 f250 is pretty simple and durable and now reliable. But it has a gazillion miles on it and it’s time to replace all the suspension pieces and such.

My tundra is very reliable but not durable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              Tundra for reliability and lack of bells and whistles for sure. I will be getting the new one when they arrive to the lot, but these current ones are just good ole trucks
                              Yep, got mine in 2010..the grade model. Cloth seats and easy to clean carpet....put floor liners in tho so all good. Electric windows and tow mirrors, 8ft. bed and that's about it. Not a bunch of shiny stuff and electronics to worry about...just wanted a pickem up truck. Talked to a fleet guy and easy peasy.

Comment

Working...
                              X