A Christian Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Christian Response

I have often thought about how self professed Christians respond to adversity, particularly attacks. The cancel culture is not for the weak of heart but it sure can make Christians stronger.
    1 Thessalonians 5:15
    See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.

1 Peter 3:8-10
    To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. For,
    “The one who desires life, to love and see good days,
    Must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.

Romans 12:17
    Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men.

Matthew 5:9
    “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

I often wonder in these times where are the Christians who turn and offer the other cheek? Who are the peacemakers? Who can see the good in people and not rant on their shortcomings?

And then, every once in a while, I see them or I have the opportunity to be that person.

Without this turning into a political discussion, please take a look at Larry Elder. In a widely circulated news story, yesterday a lady wearing a gorilla mask rode her bicycle to him and threw an egg at him. Since Mr. Elder is a Black man many decried the perceived racist action as an example of what is wrong and the political commentators took off. Yet, I waited for Mr. Elder's response.

His response did not belittle or attack the lady. He didn't cry out about hypocrisy. He didn't scream racism. His response was classy. It exemplifies forgiveness, grace, and peace. And I hope he is always remembered for it.

Here's what his email said:
    "Yesterday's attack in Venice Beach merely revealed the frustration, anger and the unhappiness ...."

He recognized this lady and many others are hurting and need help. And doing the same thing over and over or doing what the common man thinks should be done in this situation is not the right response.

I hope this causes you to think about your responses and what a Christian response should be.

May the peace. love and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be upon you today.

Good stuff.....and alot to think about.

Comment

Amen! I can definitely have better reactions and responses at times

Comment

Thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
          x2

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
            Most times for me.

thanks for sharing dusty

Comment

Well said. Thank you for that.

Comment

Comment

A bridled tongue is a tough act

Comment

Amen

Comment

Mr Elder is definitely a class act and righteous example we could all follow.
                      Thanks Dusty!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great reminder of what a christian response should be,thank you!

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Why do I feel this is meant directly for me? This thread is truly a kick in the "soft parts".

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Why do I feel this is meant directly for me? This thread is truly a kick in the "soft parts".
                            Ahh, quit being all "soft parts"...[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

No kidding, I’m gonna have to let this one marinate for a bit.

But it reminded me of a quote from my grandad…”even the lord hates a coward”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X