Going price for large wrapped round bales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going price for large wrapped round bales

I have seen prices around my area in LaGrange range from $55 to $70 in the field.

Are there no $45 to $50 bales this year? I kindof figured there would be lots of hay with all the rain we have had but also realize the cost to bale has gone up.

Just wondering what you guys are seeing in your areas for good hay... large bale, net wrapped, no weeds.

Thanks

Maybe for 4x5’s. Just be careful who you buy from. There will be lots of rank hay around this year with all the rain.

Comment

Do you guys think it is best to try to buy from the last cutting of the year instead of the first? I try to do that but got burned last year because it was hard to find.

Comment

PM sent. I have plenty close to you.

Comment

We paid 65 For good quality coastal 5x5 this week, seemed normal.
          But have gotten it cheaper..

Comment

I’m up around Tyler and good clean costal 2nd cutting is 50-65 for 4x5.5s which is pretty much all that’s around here.

Between army worms and rain and price of fuel and fertilizer this year it’s easy to get $50 in a bale.

They probably should be selling for 70-80 lol.

Comment

Can someone explain the business of hay farming? Why do they let so many bales rot each year in the fields?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                I’m up around Tyler and good clean costal 2nd cutting is 50-65 for 4x5.5s which is pretty much all that’s around here.

Between army worms and rain and price of fuel and fertilizer this year it’s easy to get $50 in a bale.

They probably should be selling for 70-80 lol.

Army worms decimated us in Huntsville. Lost my entire 5 Ac hay pasture. It was just a tax write off and we feed some to the horses, but now I’ll be looking for horse quality hay for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sell my coastal weed free and fertilized for $65 per roll and this year we were blessed with a 30% increase in fertilizer cost.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Can someone explain the business of hay farming? Why do they let so many bales rot each year in the fields?
                    I have always wondered the same thing, seems like they’d let em go cheap before next cutting if they couldn’t sell.

Comment

I paid $50 for large round bales in the field. Keep an eye on good quality hay patches that are ready to be cut. When they start cutting stop by and see if they are selling any. Buying in the field will usually get you a better price if you have the equipment to move it yourself. You should be able to find some in that area for $50 a large round bale in the field.

Comment

It’s hard to say how much money someone has in it. Fertilizer was through the roof this year, coupled higher baling consumables and fuel 40-50 might be the break even.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                          It’s hard to say how much money someone has in it. Fertilizer was through the roof this year, coupled higher baling consumables and fuel 40-50 might be the break even.
                          You shouldn’t be in the business to make money. Breaking even is a bonus!

That’s why I buy my hay.

Comment

Can't sell 40 dollar round in Oklahoma.

Comment

40-50 bucks for good cow hay.

Comment

Working...
                              X