QuickLoad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickLoad?

Considering buying QuickLoad. How well does it help with selecting the best powders as a starting point in load development?

It’s worth it. Specifically now with how hard powders are to find you can make work what you find with it. I use almost exclusively powders not found in the book and charge weights well over book value due to quickloads.

Comment

What is quickload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im in the camp of "meh". Ive used it twice through two different buddies and one result was pretty close, the other was not even in the ball park. I even measured water capacity. Granted, the second go-round was with a very obscure cartridge which may have contributed to the lack of info but I wasn't impressed.

I have heard plenty of other people get good results with more common cartridges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          What is quickload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          QuickLoad is computer software that is used for handloading.

Comment

Never used it but from my research it will get you in the ballpark for most calibers even wildcats. Ballpark loads still need fine tuning.

Comment

I shoot a bunch of wildcats. Keeps me safe. (Minus that one time - user error).

Comment

Great software, especially because it has EVERY powder and bullet, unlike the limited selection shown in most books. And if you shoot wildcats, it's a must (in my opinion).

The propellant burnt % is really helpful for me when selecting powders for my SBRs and what-not as well.

More data never hurts.

Comment

I only use Quickload. I haven’t used a reloading manual in years.

It can be very accurate. Here is a ladder chart when I was doing development on a .308 load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hmmm. Would any of you fine fellers put in my load and see what you get?

Rifle is 13inch barrel

42grains of IMR 4166

150 grain interlock bullets

Winchester Magnum large rifle primer

2.735 COAL and case trim to 2.005

Thank you

Comment

You would need caliber . Guessing 308. For more accurate load data the h20 capacity of your fired brass. Length of just the bullet and I think that’s it

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                      Hmmm. Would any of you fine fellers put in my load and see what you get?

Rifle is 13inch barrel

42grains of IMR 4166

150 grain interlock bullets

Winchester Magnum large rifle primer

2.735 COAL and case trim to 2.005

Thank you

Comment

Got 55.9 grains of water in a hornady case

1.075 is bullet length

approx .330 seat depth

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by jaime1982; 09-23-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I do not have it but I have a friend that does. I would love to have my own copy but the cost stops me. You can dial in to a great load if you load for bullet exit time. The concept is to have bullet exit between shock wave traveling down the barrel. These loads correctly timed get you very accurate shooting loads. And saves lots of load development time and costs.

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                              I do not have it but I have a friend that does. I would love to have my own copy but the cost stops me. You can dial in to a great load if you load for bullet exit time. The concept is to have bullet exit between shock wave traveling down the barrel. These loads correctly timed get you very accurate shooting loads. And saves lots of load development time and costs.

Don’t let the cost concern you. How
                              Much do you have tied up in load manuals? And you cannot get near the information from a manual that you can like QL.

I can play with various powders, bullets, coal, barrel length, case capacity (it is different among case manufacturers) I can play with OBT among other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X