2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
    Do any of you not plant food plots or use feeders? How many of you only hand corn?
    No feeders for me, other than protein feeders. Bucks that I have killed over the past few years have been over hand corn, I have killed a few doe in the food plots and on hand corn. I stopped using corn feeders because I got tired of all the pigs. So instead of building a fence I just took them down. I like the food plots personally because after I get a deer and fill the freezer, the rest of the season they have something to provide some nutrition until spring.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
      Hahaha

Ok, back to talk about hunting now.

J

That's what we are doing. Hunting something to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        Actually thinking back we have each killed another buck this same method over the last 8ish years all together. So that's 3 bucks each hunting hand corn and trails around the feeders
        Originally posted by gander View Post
        I only hand corn. Have setup feeders in the past and always either had no mature deer going to them or had them stolen.
        Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
        No feeders for me, other than protein feeders. Bucks that I have killed over the past few years have been over hand corn, I have killed a few doe in the food plots and on hand corn. I stopped using corn feeders because I got tired of all the pigs. So instead of building a fence I just took them down. I like the food plots personally because after I get a deer and fill the freezer, the rest of the season they have something to provide some nutrition until spring.
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Glad you did that, and glad you enjoyed them. Trinity lacks anything real decent so I’d like them to be around a while.

I did see a new place north of town is about to open, it’s called Wagon Wheel, so we’ll have to see what they’ve got and if they can last.

Picked up a new place about 2 miles north of wagon wheel. Only 45 acres but it’s got a good amount of does already. Interested to hunt the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just need things to stay the course for couple more weeks, good luck everyone were in the home stretch!!!

Comment

Well…….. I win the bone head award for the past week!

Moved all cameras last week and only turned 1 on…. It was informative!!! Kaboom in daylight several times. But not ME on that trail. Got everything set and adjusted for one last compilation of data

Wish I was smart enough to post videos. Got some epic hog footage checking my daughter’s pig stand feeder. Huge sounder came in while I’m standing by feeder looking at pics… had no idea until I grunted at them. Then while reinstalling card 2 HUGE boars all but walked up to me. Lol. These hex underwear work great!

Comment

Leon County forecast is showing low of 65 and high of 81 on opening day. Could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Leon County forecast is showing low of 65 and high of 81 on opening day. Could be worse.

Yessir... like last year in my Krivoman opening day (oct.1) it was 88 inside with my DeWalt Fan going... By 10:00 it was 94...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Yessir... like last year in my Krivoman opening day (oct.1) it was 88 inside with my DeWalt Fan going... By 10:00 it was 94...
                    Yuck. I'd be hunting a window unit and a co' beer

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Yuck. I'd be hunting a window unit and a co' beer

Short mornin' hunts... 5 hour mid-day nap... Afternoon in the shade dove hunts...

Comment

Short mornin' hunts... 5 hour mid-day nap... Afternoon in the shade dove hunts...
                        I'm sold! Let me know when. [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Now that sounds worth using vacation time for. Hahaha.

J

Comment

Old boy is scared of that tree feeder lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              Picked up a new place about 2 miles north of wagon wheel. Only 45 acres but it’s got a good amount of does already. Interested to hunt the area

Man I’m not too far from you then. We need to meet up this season. We have some mutual friends already anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Man I’m not too far from you then. We need to meet up this season. We have some mutual friends already anyway.

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X