Elk hunting accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    Respectfully disagree on the idea that CO should be partially liable.

The person pulling the triggers needs to clearly define their target before sending the bullet down range.

Prayer sent for the families of both these men.
    This exactly. Everyone wants to blame as many people as possible. The fault and blame ends with the person who pulled the trigger. Period. It is not the “states” fault in any way. Muzzleloader season has been during archery season for as long as I can remember (I’m 41). That’s just the way it is. Get over it or don’t hunt Colorado. They don’t care and won’t miss you. Archery hunters get the entire month of September. That’s why other seasons have to overlap. Notice how not one person mentioned making archery season shorter to install “their” version of the solution to the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      This exactly. Everyone wants to blame as many people as possible. The fault and blame ends with the person who pulled the trigger. Period. It is not the “states” fault in any way. Muzzleloader season has been during archery season for as long as I can remember (I’m 41). That’s just the way it is. Get over it or don’t hunt Colorado. They don’t care and won’t miss you. Archery hunters get the entire month of September. That’s why other seasons have to overlap. Notice how not one person mentioned making archery season shorter to install “their” version of the solution to the problem.
      Amen to this. About 15 years ago in NJ, a grandfather shot and killed his grandson, with a bow. Bad stuff happens and the person responsible should suffer the consequences.

To those who want a separate season, okay, let the first two weeks go to muzzleloader and the last two weeks go to archery, or visa versa.
      Or, have archers required to wear orange. How far do you want to push this?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        To those who want a separate season, okay, let the first two weeks go to muzzleloader and the last two weeks go to archery, or visa versa.
        Or, have archers required to wear orange. How far do you want to push this?
        I don’t understand why you wouldn’t wear orange of some sort if there’s any type of gun hunting around. I’ve been on bowhunts during gun seasons and had to wear orange, yes it sucks but, the reality is that there’s people that hear noise and crap their brains when hunting. I’m truly sorry for the bowhunter and his family, prayers for everyone involved.

Comment

Will one of the above posters, tell us all EXACTLY what happened?? I’ll wait…

Comment

The number 1 worse thing about hunting public land, it's full of idiots! Agree muzzleloader and archery shouldn't be going at the same time at any point.

Comment

So in Texas you can hunt archery during all general seasons when guns are allowed. Are some of you suggesting that archery hunting shouldn't be allowed during the general season since muzzleloaders and rifles are being used?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a terrible situation but it happens every year on public and private land.

Most love the Mexico hunting threads and there are plenty of "how can you risk your life for a deer" on this site.

Life isn't a spectator sport and there are risks in everything we do.

I doubt the shooter woke up thinking he was going to kill somebody that day.

No one wins in these terrible preventable accidents.

Comment

Maybe the archer was being aggressive to the muzzle loader. We all know how loony archers can be.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                    So in Texas you can hunt archery during all general seasons when guns are allowed. Are some of you suggesting that archery hunting shouldn't be allowed during the general season since muzzleloaders and rifles are being used?

Colorado is the same. You may choose to hunt with a bow during any season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                      Colorado is the same. You may choose to hunt with a bow during any season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Also have a choice to wear orange.
                      Bowhunters always think they should get the woods to them and only them. Doesnt work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                        The number 1 worse thing about hunting public land, it's full of idiots! Agree muzzleloader and archery shouldn't be going at the same time at any point.
                        What a dumb thing to say. I've hunted public land for years and rarely come across hunters while in the field, I'm just not lazy like you and I go quite a ways to keep it that way.

And, let's say you are on a lease and some members use bows and some use the muzzleloader. Now, you want to reduce both types from hunting? You should think these things out before hitting send.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

Is true but I believe you are required to wear orange during gun seasons while bow hunting. Unless you're on private land, I don't see why you wouldn't wear it anyway during a gun season.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                            Archery and muzzleloader should be separated seasons. You have Archery hunters calling elk without orange required in the same woods with muzzleloader hunters wearing orange, makes no sense.
                            100% agree.

Prayers to the victims family and friends.

Comment

If you bowhunt during any gun season in Oklahoma your required to wear orange public or private.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                                Is true but I believe you are required to wear orange during gun seasons while bow hunting. Unless you're on private land, I don't see why you wouldn't wear it anyway during a gun season.
                                Requiring that archers wear orange is different than not allowing archery hunting at all. And I got no problem with the orange.

Comment

Working...
                                X