No announcement yet.

Truck Driver Appreciation Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to call it being a professional sightseer.

Comment

Great to have the drivers having our backs. Imo they are one of the most under appreciated and underpaid professions around. Good thing they don’t get paid by the hour.

Comment

I started out working for drivers, then I worked with drivers, then I was a driver, now I employ several drivers. They are the backbone of our little company, no doubt. I appreciate them every single day.

What most people don't realize is the responsibility, and liability that they take on, EVERY SINGLE DAY...all day long...driving small buildings around with the rest of the idiots screwing with their phones who likely as not, have never worked a day in their lives.

There is a special place in hell for these ambulance chasing lawyers who make a living out of looking for "victims" of "truck wrecks"...
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-15-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          There is a special place in hell for these ambulance chasing lawyers who make a living out of looking for "victims" of "truck wrecks"...
          Know absolutely nothing about truck driving. I know I get pe'od at em sometimes, as do they me probably.

You sure got that right. Them buzzards have ruined America, well with a little help.
          They make it down right too easy to profit off of crap.

I know there is some legitimate claims out there, probably more than I realize, but......

Well, this is off topic so I'll get off my soap box, just agreeing with Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I started out working for drivers, then I worked with drivers, then I was a driver, now I employ several drivers. They are the backbone of our little company, no doubt. I appreciate them every single day.

What most people don't realize is the responsibility, and liability that they take on, EVERY SINGLE DAY...all day long...driving small buildings around with the rest of the idiots screwing with their phones who likely as not, have never worked a day in their lives.

Like Dale said. I grandfathered in on the CDL since I was I think back then 19 years old and now 61 and still have my CDL. I drove for 12 years over the road and have managed large terminals all around the great state of TX and MO. I currently have 25 drivers that are some of the hardest working individuals I think I have ever met. At my facility we appreciate every job that goes along with the driver from the office to the tank wash to the mechanics. These great men and women would not be able to do their job correctly and safely without the teamwork we all do. So thanks to all in the industry. I know none of us got to stay home in 2020 we were out there doing what we do in spite of the epidemic to make sure everyone got what they needed to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
              Thank you!!!

Been a CDL driver going on 15yrs now. Got into this job completely by accident. Some days are good, others not so much, but the bills get paid.
              Rookie [emoji846]

Thank you OP

I don't drive much anymore myself. I'm busy maintaining a fleet of trailers. I still have my CDL probably always will
              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-16-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

X2 on what Dale and brutus said.

Comment

Thanks for all y’all do!

Comment

As a former driver I concur. Haven’t driven in years but I still keep my CDL...just in case.

Comment

Working...
                    X