Pickup prices just keep on climbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Hopefully so but I feel like the big difference is you "typically" don't utilize a loan 4-8 year loan on lumber. Monthly payments smooth over those higher cost of vehicles for some.

Once again, I hope I am wrong.

Would be interesting to see a study for average sale price to sticker price from 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 just to see.
    People take out construction loans, then eventually finance it into their mortgage cost after construction. So like financing lumber over 30 years.

Comment

I do agree that the prices are silly, however they are just giving us what we asked for. We wanted bigger, faster, more powerful, more efficient, more capability, more technology, nicer finishes, etc. and all of that comes with a cost. I was watching a youtube video the other day and they had an F150 that had a MSRP of over 70k.

Edit: not only did they give us what they asked for but we perpetuated it by showing them what we were willing to pay for a truck.

Comment

New pickups are cheap,compared to old ones;imo..I just bought both.

Comment

Glad I bought my last F350 work truck 4/19 for 47k.

Comment

Give it time, laws change. Why would you have. A lot full of vehicles when you can order exactly what you want. That’s about where we are at.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            It's illegal LOL...What you are saying I think is, first automaker to bribe enough law makers to change the rules, and they will make a killing. Here is the problem, the car industry becomes a monopoly, that will get broken up. Which is the whole reason for the independent dealerships in the first place.

Also, this completely ignores the fact that car MFG's are not in the business of selling cars. If they suddenly were, then the price from the MFG would have to go up to hire the salesmen, purchase the car lots, all the overhead involved that a current dealership has to deal with. Considering GM and Dodge operate in the red all the time, this won't be an expense they want to tack on.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              Just give it time, chips will start hitting the lots and many left over 2021 trucks will go for cheap.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Can't do that LOL. Car dealers got together and made it a law. Texas is one of many states like this. When Tesla first came here, the cars had to be "sold" outside of Texas, than brought in and sold as "used". I think Texas eventually made an exception for Tesla.
                What they can do is take their profit margin away like GM did with Saturn. Can't take the dealers all the way out because they need someone to fix them when they break.

Comment

Used are also sky high.

Comment

Literally just saw a 2020 F-450 King Ranch listed on FB for 95K. I didn't realize it was a 450 until I looked closer but man that is crazy.

Comment

Sold my 04 w 240k for $10k.

Gave $55,450 (added 100k x warranty B - B).

$15-20k more than I've ever paid for a trk.

2020 w 20k mi.

NADA lists clean trade at 63k !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X