Should I? Willys Jeep project.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    its actually ran off the 4x4 system. Some of those jeeps will have 4 shifting knobs in the front. Gears, 2x4-4x4, hi-lo and one for the pto winch
    Yep, refer to picture 2, 4 shifters.

Comment

its actually ran off the 4x4 system. Some of those jeeps will have 4 shifting knobs in the front. Gears, 2x4-4x4, hi-lo and one for the pto winch

Willys CJ3A PTO/OD Test - YouTube

I just couldn’t see or figure how they got a driveshaft to it. PTO winches are bad ass…as long as the motor runs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I just couldn’t see or figure how they got a driveshaft to it. PTO winches are bad ass…as long as the motor runs!

Those older ones had saw, stone grinder wheels and hay cutter attachments than ran off the pto

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Willys CJ3A PTO/OD Test - YouTube
          Mine has that. That winch will pull yiu out of anything.

Comment

Comes out of the transfer case. (Where the cover plate is)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2000.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24657617

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
              Comes out of the transfer case. (Where the cover plate is)
              [ATTACH]1057298[/ATTACH]

I know that much. I know how they work, just didn’t know how the got a drive shaft to the back bumper, especially having to go over the rear axle on a vehicle with more than average rear travel.

Comment

I know that much. I know how they work, just didn’t know how the got a drive shaft to the back bumper, especially having to go over the rear axle on a vehicle with more than average rear travel.

Dale, mine had shafts out the front and back... The front went to a Koenig PTO winch and the back went to power implements/attachments there... Jeep had a nice draw bar on it, but most of those old Willys Jeeps had the draw bar... They "fit", but are tight. It was important to have those rubber stops in place on both differentials because they were close enough if the stops were broken or gone, the shaft of either front or rear differential wold hit the PTO drive shaft... I bent the front one like that once... Took it to Chalk Truck parts in Houston and had them try to straighten it... Didn't work, but they were able to cut the yokes off and mount them on a new shaft... That wasn't cheap!! Mine also had a Warn overdrive (which added another stick to the floorboard AND made rebuilding the Tranny much more expensive. That extra long output shaft was mucho Dinero!

I'm still kickin' myself in the arse for ever getting rid of that Jeep!!

Comment

Do it!!!!

Comment

All depends on the price.

Forget about towing it, they were only made to go about 50 mph max.

Get a 2 Axle trailer and trailer it or you will wear it out.

Remember to put it on the trailer backwards to keep the windshield from collapsing to wind pressure or better yet strap the windshield in the down position while trailering.

Comment

Working...
                    X