22-250 suppressor experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a Rem 700 from the 70’s (I believe) that I want to get threaded and put a good Pic base on. My question is how how bad is this round to suppress? Similar to a 5.56? Don’t know anyone with this caliber and a threaded barrel to try out and I know with the 9” Harvester on the end it’ll be like swinging a sword around so figured I’d ask here before taking the dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will take the crack out of it but will most definitely not deafen it much. Sound like a little more than a .22

Comment

I would definitely get it threaded if you plan on shooting it. It’s not going to be “quiet,” but still well worth suppressing. I basically refuse to shoot a rifle unsuppressed regardless of caliber. The few rifles I have that aren’t threaded just sit in the safe. Very few of them have seen the light of day since I started shooting suppressed a few years ago.
      Last edited by Raider4044; 07-26-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        I would definitely get it threaded if you plan on shooting it. It’s not going to be “quiet,” but still well worth suppressing. I basically refuse to shoot a rifle unsuppressed regardless of caliber. The few rifles I have that aren’t threaded just sit in the safe. Very few of them have seen the light of day since I started shooting suppressed a few years ago.

That’s kind of why it’s sat for so long but I’ve gotten rid of all my large rifles and am looking toward this for deer season. It’s a really nice rifle but it’s going to be so **** long with a can not sure if it’s stand worthy. Might just stick with supers in the 300 BO and let this one get some more closet time.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
          It will take the crack out of it but will most definitely not deafen it much. Sound like a little more than a .22

You have it backward. It will take the boom out but not the crack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had APR build me a 20” 22-250 and it’s had a can on it every day of its life. Helps big time with the muzzle blast. Obviously it’s not movie quiet by any means but you can hear the twack 50x’s better

Comment

I have Sako 22-250 that I had threaded and use my omega can on and I love it. agree with everyone. not movie quiet, but you can look through the scope and not even blink pulling the trigger and watch the animal fall through your scope for sure.

Comment

I’ve got a threaded 22-250 if you want to mount your can on it to shoot.

If you head down towards Port O’Connor area.

Comment

thread it!!! youll love it and i agree with raider4044 youll want everything supp. when its stuck out of the blind you wont even think about it

Comment

I shot 6 hogs a few weeks back at 80 yards with my suppressed 22 Creed. Didn’t rush any of the shots. Picked them off one at a time as they tore up some wheat. That’s not typical by any means, but they **** sure didn’t know what was going on. It was a really low pressure (almost zero) area.

Comment

had one. sold it long time ago for other reason .. i put my m4-1000 on the end of a 26" 22-250 ... it wasn't rated for that caliber.. way more powder ... it sounded great , and my 26" pressures were back down where it wouldn't hurt it

just keep in mind 22-250 need long barrel for speed and overall performance ..
                      you chop it , might as well be shooting 223...

you can see that gun at the end of this old video 1:42 if you don't want to watch the whole thing, had plans to shoot slick long 22cal long range and ended up going a different direction..
                      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhghBQpbzKg"]burris eliminator on 270 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Tan my harvester on an 18” Tikka I got cheap. Sounded fine. Same as any other center fire rifle

Comment

putting it in perspective .. i have a re-cored 9mm can on my 7.62x39 rifle shooting wolf 124g soft point ... look at the end of this video ... the deer never even looked in my direction , didn't run off ... just came 20 yards from the blind after i shot the hog ..

no the 9mm can is not rated for that either ... but at 16" the pressure drop enough that i'm not worried about it .. it works and sounds great. no ear pro, no ringing ears afterwards.. and can weighs nothing... aside from added length, you can't tell it's on there..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtT6onX8Mc8"]Hog hunt recorded via thermal monocular AGM Taipan - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Love mine. Cut to 18" and threaded. About like a 22 LR with stingers.

Last edited by BrianL; 07-27-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              Love mine. Cut to 18" and threaded. About like a 22 LR with stingers.

That’s a **** fine looking gun! This one still has an OLD red field tracker 2-7 on it, time for a upgrade for sure! Appreciate everyone’s input, was really curious on how the extra speed affected shooting suppressed with this gun. Guess it’s time to drop her off at the gunsmith and let him work his magic

Comment

Working...
                              X