LEO Handgun Buyback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO Handgun Buyback

I know we have a lot of LEOs on the forum. Just curious how many of you have purchased your previous duty weapon?

I have my original duty weapon as it was personally owned but I missed the opportunity to buy the second one I carried and wish I had it because I carried it for 6 years.

The opportunity has come to buy my current weapon as we are changing firearms and I am on the fence. I haven't really budgeted for it but I feel like I might regret not purchasing it.

What have y'all done and why? Thanks!
    Last edited by Jon B; 01-06-2021, 02:36 PM.

Buy it. I didnt buy mine and I regret it. Buy it.

Comment

We can carry what we want within reason, but they issue Glock 22’s. I’ll gladly give it back when it’s time. I used to carry my own H&K but it was taken after a shooting , although I did get it back. Just realized I’d rather not have one of my own sitting in an evidence room for a considerable amount of time not being cleaned or taken care of. The Glock is serviceable enough, just has the ergonomics of a brick. So no, I certainly won’t be buying mine, but if they give it to me then yeah, I’ll take it.

Comment

Jon. Go work one EJ and just buy it.

Comment

buy it

Comment

I’ll donate some cash to help you get it if others want pitch in.

Comment

I have to buy my own my agency does not furnish our weapons and after 12 years of faithful service I just replaced my duty weapon. I would buy it if it was at a good deal not for full price.

Comment

I bought 3 from my department and was given the last one I retired with

Comment

I have and would buy it back. One day I will pass all of my carried weapons down to my children. The ones that I don't carry daily that show holster wear, do not mean as much to me as those with stories.

Comment

First two departments I had to buy my own, My current department issues M&P's so I doubt I'll buy it.

Comment

Our dept doesn't issue duty weapons. Officers are responsible for providing a duty weapon and given a list of approved weapons.

Comment

We always purchased our own but if it was issued im pretty sure i would buy one I carried.

Comment

When i hired on in 1986 i was issued a S&W 686. I carried it for several yrs until they issued us Glock .45s. We were allowed to purchase our 686 and i did. It is in my safe now. It was stamped by the agency "VPD".

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
                            I’ll donate some cash to help you get it if others want pitch in.
                            Man, I sure appreciate your generosity, but it's more of a "Should I break the budget I have been preaching to the wife about question".

I don't have ithe money to blow but I am afraid I will regret it if I don't. I'm sure I will find a place to pull it from.

Once again, thank you so much but not really the purpose of the post.

Comment

You will regret it, it will have a place in your career shadowbox if you make one

Comment

Working...
                              X