Tire Plug Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Plug Advice

I was driving down a county road and picked up a sharp rock in my tire this weekend. It immediately went flat, so I plugged it and aired it back up. It's not losing any pressure at this point. I called Discount Tire and they won't touch it for liability reasons. Should I plan on replacing the tire or keep rolling on? This is on an F250. Thanks!

What zone is the hole , sidewall or near the tread
    I would head to a local guy for a plug patch , discount is in the selling business

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      What zone is the hole , sidewall or near the tread
      I would head to a local guy for a plug patch , discount is in the selling business
      x2

I would definitely find a small tire repair shop and go with a patch plug

Comment

It's dead in the center of the tread

Comment

Patch it and keep rolling.

Comment

just keep an eye on it till you can afford a new one, or just have a good used one put on.

Comment

I have ran plugged tires for 1000s of miles with no issues. Now i dont make a habit of it.

Just the typical get a flat on a weekend plug it then ohh ill get it fixed this week turns into
              "crap i need new tires and the plugs still in there" lol

Comment

We have a ranch truck that had 4 plugs in the same tire. bought new ones when they wore out. I have never been afraid to run a plugged tire

Comment

If you have the tire replacement coverage from discount they will replace it for $35.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x fan View Post
                    It's dead in the center of the tread
                    Dead center = plug patch IMO
                    A independent tire center is more lenient and better at patching

Comment

if a rock put a hole in your tire id replace it. Now if it was a nail.or something small like that id plug it and not worry about it.

Comment

Go to a real tire shop and have it patched. If a plug is holding a patch **** sure will fix it.

Comment

I have a small shop do it plug patch!

Comment

I got my tires at Discount and they said they only patch now. No plugs.

They can pull your plug out and patch it.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              I got my tires at Discount and they said they only patch now. No plugs.

They can pull your plug out and patch it.
                              They won't do that. If YOU pull it out and take it to them and don't mention the plug, they'll likely fix it, but they won't touch a plugged tire... Used to be, they would not warranty a tire that you had plugged on the road. That is not the case now a days however.

Comment

Working...
                              X