Hill Country Briscoe Ranch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country Briscoe Ranch question

I know Dolph and fam have high fenced some of their STX ranches but are their ranches in the Hill Country (specifically around Concan/Leakey) high-fenced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunted the “East South” pasture south of Concan for 7 years, and never saw a high fence. Our camp was 4 miles off of 83, and we crossed through several other pastures to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
      I hunted the “East South” pasture south of Concan for 7 years, and never saw a high fence. Our camp was 4 miles off of 83, and we crossed through several other pastures to get there.

Good info. Thank you.

Comment

We hunted a piece about 5 miles south of Leakey on 83. No high fences. Just be careful of a piece run by Joe Emmite. I posted on that particular piece earlier in the year. No Bueno

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
          We hunted a piece about 5 miles south of Leakey on 83. No high fences. Just be careful of a piece run by Joe Emmite. I posted on that particular piece earlier in the year. No Bueno
          Yep , lot of briscoe north of hwy 90 is very poorly managed by the lessees
          It’s a real roll of the dice

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            Yep , lot of briscoe north of hwy 90 is very poorly managed by the lessees
            It’s a real roll of the dice

We had 6 people on our particular pasture, about 800 acres. We managed it as best we could, but the pasture next to us had about 23 people hunting 1100 acres, and they shot everything. Way too much hunting pressure around us in general, was an uphill battle. If the ranch as a whole were managed better, I’d have never left. We killed a 153” ten point the last year I hunted there.

Comment

A group of us did a helicopter hog hunt on one of those pastures with the river and I was shocked that we only saw a few deer on this pasture. Didn’t see any high fence.

Comment

I think majority of them are LF, I know there were a couple in the Concan area that they HF, but that was just around their house cause Mrs. Briscoe hit a deer one night driving I believe, now I heard that about 13 years ago

Comment

Most of his ranches are shot out. We leased a place just down from ConCan and only saw a few deer. Saw more illegals than deer.

Comment

I have a few buddies that leased a place out of concan from them for a year. Only saw a deer or two all season. No high fence.

Comment

I hunted Briscoe property south of concan and the entire group of us hunting 1500 acres never saw a deer in person the entire season....myself and 4 others were new to the lease and were gone as soon as season was over....if anyone is looking at leasing briscoe property off 83 about 5 miles south of 127 from a lease manger named gene or another guy named john...I strongly urge u private massage me first

Comment

Working...
                      X