Snow vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow vacation

Had a trip planned to Commierado but they are going into lock down and will most likely spoil our trip. Where else should we look? We had plane tickets but don’t mind driving. Doesn’t even have to be a ski town either necessarily, just Sooner’s the kids can play in the snow.
    Thanks

We aren’t to far from you, we drove to Durango last year and my kids (7 and 3) loved it. They tubed all day at two different places, not sure if those places will be closed but even so we played in the snow at the parks and even at our AirBnB.... not sure if that helps, we also turned the drive into two days that way we could take our time...

Comment

Wife wants to go on a snowy vacation this year, so I’ll be looking to this thread for advice. I’m more of a tropical guy, but she didn’t want to do Bahamas again.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
        We aren’t to far from you, we drove to Durango last year and my kids (7 and 3) loved it. They tubed all day at two different places, not sure if those places will be closed but even so we played in the snow at the parks and even at our AirBnB.... not sure if that helps, we also turned the drive into two days that way we could take our time...
        Colorado is shutting down tomorrow, were supposed to fly into Denver and go to Loveland. Durango is awesome but my sister who lived there for 5 years even canceled her trip. I was thinking about New Mexico or Tennessee but open to pretty much anywhere that’s open for business.

Comment

Up

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
            Colorado is shutting down tomorrow, were supposed to fly into Denver and go to Loveland. Durango is awesome but my sister who lived there for 5 years even canceled her trip. I was thinking about New Mexico or Tennessee but open to pretty much anywhere that’s open for business.
            Better go to NM if you want to see snow.

Look into Red River or Toas.

Comment

Look into Bozeman, MT. You can get flight fairly cheap (~$200/person) and there are several ski resorts within a 2 hour drive. If Yellowstone is open, you might have options there too.

Comment

Well that sucks. We are leaving in the morning headed to Denver.

I just read all the new restrictions for Colorado. They can kiss my Arse. I'm going anyway.

I'm so tired of this Virus crap. People need to just grow a pair and get on with it.
                Last edited by Hoggslayer; 11-20-2020, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Well that sucks. We are leaving in the morning headed to Denver.

I just read all the new restrictions for Colorado. They can kiss my Arse. I'm going anyway.

I so tired of this Virus crap. People need to just grow a pair and get on with it.
                  100% how I feel. Since we haven’t booked our lodging I’d just assume look else where. Hopefully they won’t make it to much of a pia on the local level for y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Look into Bozeman, MT. You can get flight fairly cheap (~$200/person) and there are several ski resorts within a 2 hour drive. If Yellowstone is open, you might have options there too.
                    Thanks MT is at the top of the list of places I’d like to visit anyway. I’ll have to see what we can find.

Comment

100% how I feel. Since we haven’t booked our lodging I’d just assume look else where. Hopefully they won’t make it to much of a pia on the local level for y’all.
                      Luckily, we are just going to visit our oldest son and we will be staying with him. Had plans to go see some sights but, looks like we will just be driving 1k miles to watch TV and nap all week. SMH

Comment

I looked everywhere last week and I couldn’t find anyone selling lift tickets. That was Colorado, Utah, and Montana. It appears some are open for local season pass holders but not day passes.
                        I’m not sure what that means to other activities but it’s **** sure not the norm.

Comment

We fly out next Wed for Thanksgiving in Keystone and will be skiing Loveland. The only restriction at Loveland was not inside food or drink to be served, unless I missed something. Just tighter restriction on restaurants and indoor events. I'm still going, need some Mountain Time.

Comment

Thanks MT is at the top of the list of places I’d like to visit anyway. I’ll have to see what we can find.
                            My wife and I went to Big Sky, MT in March and it was awesome! One of he best ski resorts I've ever been to. I'm in the process of booking a March 2021 trip to Copper Mtn right now.

Comment

Purgatory ski resort in Colorado is amazing we went for Christmas last year and they had 2 ft of snow within 2 days. The cabins are right on the ski slope.

Comment

Working...
                              X