Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used Jackson's deer processing in Crosby lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too dang far. Hell...jackson's is too far. [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Too dang far. Hell...jackson's is too far. [emoji38]
      30 minutes from work.........I can pick it up for ya

Comment

I've used them on a show pig and had good results. I'm gonna use Bay Area this year just because its closer to me.

Comment

We use them to process our steers every year and they do an excellent job. I can’t help on deer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
            Started using reeds in Cleveland on plum Grove road. 1010 is the fm road number. They do a real good job

I just had an Axis processed there. I loved the price! $90 for an Axis.

I didn’t get any sausage made though.

Comment

I usually get at least one deer a year processed there.
              I like their Jalapeno and cheese smoked sausage for the larger size chunk of cheese they use. They have a larger grind than most, I'm good with it.

So far this year we've used Maxwells (their sausage skin is too thick )
              and 2 at Juniors.
              I do church with the Juniors folks and my wife likes the way they package the ground in flat vacuum packs instead of round tubes that take longer to thaw out (Like Jacksons uses).
              FWIW, Jacksons packs the sausage 2 tubes per pack, Juniors = 4 per pack unless less is specified.
              FWIW, My wife ans son prefer Juniors sausage to Jackson. Juniors uses a finer grind and tighter pack than Jacksons.

Comment

I have had sausage made there the last 10 years or so. They have always treated us right and I only carry the deboned meat so price is reasonable. Unless things changed, I am pretty sure that Zummo picks up meat and makes the boudin for them.

Comment

D & C Wild Game Processing
                  380 Elm St, New Caney, TX 77357

Comment

I have used Juniors several times and it is good. Since I hunt near Lufkin I switched to Massingill's Meat Market. Much more convenient. Juniors also has great smoked cheese.

Comment

Found Juniors website and facebook but nothing about deer processing prices or flavors.

Comment

We have used Jacksons for years. They have never disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
                          D & C Wild Game Processing
                          380 Elm St, New Caney, TX 77357
                          This. My brother-n-law just dropped 3 deer off with Dennis today.

Comment

Dennis is one of the best at D&C IMO. Chew I don’t know if you’ve used him before but he has a great jalapeño and cheese smoke sausage

Comment

I got some jalapeño cheese SS made there it was the worst I’ve ever had no joke. I made the trip over to smittys meat market in tomball and I can’t recommend it enough.

Comment

They are ok. I think they’re high but probably in line with the others. You get “your” deer back for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X