Diminished Value and State Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear they are the worst to deal with. Any experiences, tips or suggestions? I just got my estimate and have not initiated my DV claim yet

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

State Farm has always been responsive to my stuff over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      I hear they are the worst to deal with. Any experiences, tips or suggestions? I just got my estimate and have not initiated my DV claim yet

What’s the claim for? And yes, State Farm sucks to deal with. I’ve had to deal with them often when it comes to roofing claims, interior water damage claims, etc with my company.

If it’s auto related, I have no experience there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

State Farm, is the worst of the worst..
        And, they ain't your "good neighbor"...
        It's excellent insurance..
        Right up to the time, you need it.. Then you find out, how much insurance
        you Don't have.
        They're great at paying claims. As long, as they happen on a Tuesday, between the
        hours of 5 and 5:22am, and you were wearing your crocks, and a Ranger's baseball
        hat.

Comment

Cant be any worse to deal with than Standard Insurance. You have 2 years to settle the claim on DV. I've informed them that I'm going to claim it, but yet to follow through. The problem is finding the accurate numbers and how to calculate them. I've been told that a body shop estimate isn't acceptable, it must be from an actual appraiser.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
            State Farm has always been responsive to my stuff over the years.
            Ive been with them for all my insurance (personal and business) 18 years and never had one issue. Ive claimed about anything you can imagine.

Comment

I love dealing with SF through my agent. My agent helps me in every way possible and looks for cost savings.

When my rates go up, I call my agent and demand an accounting of the rate change and ask them to look for new discounts.

Comment

I made a claim for DV with farmers about a year ago. They sent me the form work to fill out to make the claim. After some online research I knew DV can be up to 10% of the value of the vehicle. They offered much less then that. I countered and we agreed on a number. It was about $1,000 less than 10% would have been. But there were no appraisals. There was about $4k of damage to my truck. It was a fairly easy process though.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  State Farm, is the worst of the worst..
                  And, they ain't your "good neighbor"...
                  It's excellent insurance..
                  Right up to the time, you need it.. Then you find out, how much insurance
                  you Don't have.
                  They're great at paying claims. As long, as they happen on a Tuesday, between the
                  hours of 5 and 5:22am, and you were wearing your crocks, and a Ranger's baseball
                  hat.

You just need a better agent that explains coverages but also exclusions. Sorry to go off topic!

Comment

They are strong supporters of the alphabet people and for that reason alone I would not do business with them.

Comment

It's an auto claim. I heard tigerdv.com is a good place for an appraisal

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                          Ive been with them for all my insurance (personal and business) 18 years and never had one issue. Ive claimed about anything you can imagine.
                          I have the same experience.... i see people on here and some with alot of experience in insurance who I value their knowledge talk about how bad SF is, however my experience is nothing but positive.

Comment

State Farm is horrible when it comes to actual claims when compared to some other companies. I think they spend so much on advertising that they try to pinch pennies on claims. I have seen many loyal SF customers bail and go elsewhere. We have been beyond happy with Texas Farm Bureau.

Comment

If it’s significant. Hire and appraiser for the DV. I don’t know any company that pays out a fair DV easily. Of what you will think is fair anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X