2022 Dallas Mavericks Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Dallas Mavericks Postseason Thread

Well Dale starting the Ranger’s thread got my optimistic juices flowing for our little Mavericks’ postseason journey.

With just one week to go in the regular season, Golden State is just 1 game up on the Mavericks for the third seed. If we can claw our way up that one game, with a fairly easy strength of schedule, we hold the tiebreaker thanks to winning the season series vs the Warriors.

Some weird and strange twists to the regular season this year. I wasn’t keen on the mid season trade of Kristaps Porzingis at first but since he was only interested in hanging out past the 3pt line throwing up bricks and not trying to get his 7 foot frame under the rim to grab a board….screw him! He also couldn’t stay healthy and on the court. Now Luka can relax and be The Man and doesn’t have to force feed KP the ball to keep him happy.

They also got a playermaker in the deal in Spencer Dinwiddie. This guy can create his own space and flat out shoot. He’s made some big baskets to win a bunch of games already.
    Plus, Jason Kidd seems to have found the locker room that I didn’t realize was as fractured as it apparently was under Rick Carlisle. Lots of rumors abound.

My man Luka Doncic had another dominant year….I will remind everyone of this thread.

The kid is just plain elite….and a pure joy to watch.
    Side note to Luka’s last game in Sunday’s win vs the Bucks. He had 32 points, 8 rebounds and 15 assists. It was his third 30-point, 15-assist performance this season, matching the total by the rest of the entire league. It was also Doncic's fifth straight 30-point game, tying the second-longest such streak in franchise history.

Show your love and Let’s go Mavs!!

Last game of the regular season in play tonight as the Mavs host the Spurs. GS in New Orleans taking on the Pelicans. At stake is the 3rd seed of the Western Conference.

Comment

They sure seem to play their best against the best teams. Don't want to get my hopes up but I'm thinking they can compete with almost every team and are capable of getting to the conference finals. Wish they would go ahead and put San Antonio away though.

Comment

Is it to much to ask that Mark Cuban goes to prison, and the whole commie league fold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
          They sure seem to play their best against the best teams. Don't want to get my hopes up but I'm thinking they can compete with almost every team and are capable of getting to the conference finals. Wish they would go ahead and put San Antonio away though.
          Well GS is up 20 on New Orleans already at the half….so I expect we will mail this one in soon. Nothing to gain even with a W tonight. Looks like the 4th seed and a series with Utah and home court advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Is it to much to ask that Mark Cuban goes to prison, and the whole commie league fold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya Dale. I don't care for Cuban at all but like the heck out of Luka. Doubt if I would even be watching them at all after Dirk retired if not for LD.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              I hear ya Dale. I don't care for Cuban at all but like the heck out of Luka. Doubt if I would even be watching them at all after Dirk retired if not for LD.
              Same here. I thought that after Dirk retired I'd be pretty much finished following basketball. But Luka changed that, and I'm really enjoying following the team. Really hope the calf injury he picked up last night isn't anything serious.

Comment

Looks like Luka will miss game 1 Saturday and possibly even game 2 vs the Jazz. Crappy timing 🤨

Comment

Terrible timing for luka. Don't want to risk an Achilles though. Guess I'll be watching from the bar since game 1 &2 is only on ballys! Let's go mavs!

Comment

been glued to twitter for the latest on Luka. Bad timing for sure. He shouldn't have played that last game, even Derek Harper said he didn't expect to see any starters in that game before the game,,,, but it is what it is. I hope Luka doesn't miss more than one or two games.

Comment

Tip off time...will be a tough test without Luka.
                      Going to have to watch on phone.

Let's GO MAVS!

Comment

Not the same team without Luka at the helm. Couldn't grab a board to save our lives today.
                        Down 1-0 just like that. So much for home court advantage.

Comment

Pretty good fight for a luka-less mavs. Need to defend home court in game 2 cause I don't think the mavs can do to Utah what the Clippers did to us!

Comment

Tough loss. Gotta win game 2 now. If we can do that, and Luka is back for game 3, I think we still have a chance in the series.

Comment

I doubt very much Luka will be back until Game 4 and that game very well may be a MUST WIN to avoid a sweep. Dallas had a good chance to win game one, a combination of bad free throw shooting, bad 3 point shooting and bad officiating. With less than 2 minutes the Mavs were within 2 and with the ball but they opted to shoot 3s instead of driving to the basket and scoring a sure two points or draw a foul. Unfortunately I think the Jazz will take this series. The Jazz are the number 1 Offense in the league and I think they underperformed. Better rest Luka than to lose him for an extended period of time or a torn Achilles.

Comment

Working...
                              X