No announcement yet.

Electric Fence/ Cattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75 acres? Can you bale it? When you do, take pictures, save receipts, and sell it. That will be all you should need for an ag exemption. You only need to cut it once a year. And hay is a money maker this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      75 acres? Can you bale it? When you do, take pictures, save receipts, and sell it. That will be all you should need for an ag exemption. You only need to cut it once a year. And hay is a money maker this year.
      This find someone to bale it local.

Comment

I think for 3 cows, you can section off 20 acres with two strands of hot wire. Then I would sub divide it into 5 sections, move to a new section every couple of days. I don't know your terrain, so just generalizing. Can use t-post or sucker rods. For internal gates you can use the temporary wire(forgot the name of it).

Comment

Peanut butter on aluminum foil on the wire....they wont touch a wire after that...
          Dry conditions can sometimes make it not work well

Comment

just get some one to bale it and keep reciepts

Comment

I wouldn't rely on hot wire as a permanent solution...or at least our cows in our pastures.

Its so dang dry here, our cows would push right through to grass or hay.

Comment

Toledo is this your property in somerville? If so, deer are hell on Hotwire. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                  Toledo is this your property in somerville? If so, deer are hell on Hotwire. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  This

Comment

Working...
                  X