No announcement yet.

2022 Dallas Mavericks Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 more hours.... Time is moving like Molasses in January today....

I hope the boys can close the Jazz series with a W tonight. Amen.

Comment

Let's go Mavs!!!

Comment

Shooting the same volume of shots, just not making them. We've got 24 minutes to turn this thing around. Let's go Mavs.

Comment

Great 3rd Qtr for the Mavs as the 3 ball finally starts to fall. Headed into 4th up by 5. Let's close this thing out on the road!

Comment

And ON TO ROUND 2! Good series Mavs!!

Comment

Great game and boy that missed free throw and last attempt by Utah should have gone in!

Hope booker remains hurt. Phoenix is darn good and Paul is an ageless wonder! But he can't defend Brunson.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                Great game and boy that missed free throw and last attempt by Utah should have gone in!

Hope booker remains hurt. Phoenix is darn good and Paul is an ageless wonder! But he can't defend Brunson.

In the words of famed ex Rangers skipper Ron Washington...that's how "basketball" go. [emoji12]
                We shouldn't have lost game 4 when Dwight Powell missed those 2 free throws.

And yes, the Suns are darn good on both ends of the court. Without a true Big Man, offensively the Mavs game is predicated on spreading the floor and getting good open looks. Both Luka and JB are excellent at doing that. We have multiple shooters and it's hard for teams to get out on the perimeter to defend the 3.
                Bottom line....I like our chances if we continue to make shots.

Comment

I almost forgot the added glee of Mavs victory over Utah. Dwyane Wade is now a part owner of the Jazz.

Phoenix will be tough. Mavs are still in it, though. And Wade's team is a mess and done for the season. Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    In the words of famed ex Rangers skipper Ron Washington...that's how "basketball" go. [emoji12]
                    We shouldn't have lost game 4 when Dwight Powell missed those 2 free throws.

And yes, the Suns are darn good on both ends of the court. Without a true Big Man, offensively the Mavs game is predicated on spreading the floor and getting good open looks. Both Luka and JB are excellent at doing that. We have multiple shooters and it's hard for teams to get out on the perimeter to defend the 3.
                    Bottom line....I like our chances if we continue to make shots.
                    Happy birthday to Ron Washington a world champion! Heard he got a standing O at the rangers and braves game this week. Awesome dude.

Comment

All 20 of ESPN’s “experts” have the Suns winning— some say in 4 some say in 6 or 7. We got’em right where we want’em!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        All 20 of ESPN’s “experts” have the Suns winning— some say in 4 some say in 6 or 7. We got’em right where we want’em!

Gonna be a tough series for the Mavs for sure. Jason Kidd says no one gives them a chance against the best team in the NBA. I think he likes the underdog card.

"It's not us against the world,” Kidd says. “It’s just us against the Suns, and everybody has the Suns favored.''

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

I hope you're right....

The 3 times Dallas lost to Phoenix this year, Dallas had a different line up and lost all three games by a small margin (less than 8 points)
                          I think Dallas is a better Team Now, both the addition of Dinwiddie and because Brunson is blooming at the right time. Dallas needs a good contribution from the rest of the team...

I'm hoping they can pull a few Ws and get the Suns guessing and eventually win the series.

The Motivation that THIS IS THE BEST TEAM IN NBA and if we beat them we can beat everyone else is a good motivation...

Comment

all that said, this is the playoffs and very different from regular season... Anything can happen.

Comment

Like I posted earlier IMO the Mav's Achilles heel is lack of a true big man to defend down low, get boards and second chances on misses. Very few teams (if any [emoji848]) have won championships without having an aggressive center in the paint.
                              The Mavs game is predicated on spreading the floor and forcing teams to come out and defend their multiple shooters. GOTTA MAKE SHOTS!! When we make shots, teams will come out in an attempt to guard the 3pt line and that's when Luka and JB drive to the basket for easy shots.
                              Last edited by RascalArms; 05-02-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

If we make our shots we can hang with anyone, can't wait for the game tonight. Gonna be an early morning tomorrow lol

Comment

Working...
                                X