Total Knee Replacemrnt - second knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Knee Replacemrnt - second knee

Let the rehabbing begin. I feel like I’m way ahead because. of the work done preparing for this one.

Total knee replacement Wes done on my left knee today, 55 days after my right one.

This one has gone much better from a pain perspective. Nerve block worked so feeling much better at this point. Only one pain pill so far and that was 6 hours ago. Minimal pain. I’ve walked the room without a limp while using the walker just in case. Now if HR can figure out why I stopped getting paid. Nothing like a surprise when my paycheck is deposited and it’s about 1/10th what it should have been.

Man i dread the day i need mine done but i know in the next 10 years it will happen.
    Hope you have a quick recovery

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Man i dread the day i need mine done but i know in the next 10 years it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking 5-10 more years before I went to doctor and he did X-rays and told me the time has come.

Thanks for all of the prayers from everyone. I’m feeling totally different after this surgery - all good.

Comment

Prayers up Lip for a quick recovery. Heal slowly once sir and sounds great you are doing good.

Comment

Ditto!

I'm glad it's going well for you, Lip. I pray the pain remains at a tolerable level.

Comment

Both my knee are bone on bone. Just got shots in both knees a few weeks ago.

It's in my future.

Comment

Glad you are doing good did both of mine one then the other a year later they are great
                Prayers sent for full and speedy recovery

Comment

Hope you get better sooner than later Ed!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Glad it went well and good luck as you go into rehab!
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                      Both my knee are bone on bone. Just got shots in both knees a few weeks ago.

It's in my future.

I have an excellent doctor if you’re in the Houston area.

Research infection rates wherever you go. Texas Orthopedic has a great reputation and very low infection rates. I saw a guy in pre-op yesterday who had his surgery a year ago and has had 2 additional surgeries to fix it. He was going in yesterday to have it removed and they’ll be working to get the infection rate out for the next 3 months before putting a replacement knee in. My doc is fixing what someone else didn’t and couldn’t get right.

Comment

Today marks five weeks since I had MAKOplasty robotic arm partial knee resurfacing. Saw the ortho doctor Tuesday and have been released to go back to work with no restrictions so tomorrow it is back to work. Rehab has been going well and walking without a cane for quite a while now. Knee still feels stiff and some pain on occasion but not having to take any pain meds to speak of- ortho doctor says I have a long way to go to completely recover but xrays show the implants are perfectly in position. Lost around 25 lbs while off work- first time I have been below 220 in probably 35 years. Hadn't checked my fasting blood sugar for the first four weeks after surgery but have still been taking meds. Started checking again this week and apparently the weight loss has really helped my blood sugar levels- highest it has been this week is 111 and two days it was below 100. Hopefully the weight loss will help me to start working my way off my meds.

Comment

Wife is 3 weeks out of her second knee replacement and doing lots better than after the first. She realizes now that it's suppose to hurt when doing your exercises and PT.

Comment

Good luck. One week into my 2nd shoulder replacement. PT is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                              Today marks five weeks since I had MAKOplasty robotic arm partial knee resurfacing. Saw the ortho doctor Tuesday and have been released to go back to work with no restrictions so tomorrow it is back to work. Rehab has been going well and walking without a cane for quite a while now. Knee still feels stiff and some pain on occasion but not having to take any pain meds to speak of- ortho doctor says I have a long way to go to completely recover but xrays show the implants are perfectly in position. Lost around 25 lbs while off work- first time I have been below 220 in probably 35 years. Hadn't checked my fasting blood sugar for the first four weeks after surgery but have still been taking meds. Started checking again this week and apparently the weight loss has really helped my blood sugar levels- highest it has been this week is 111 and two days it was below 100. Hopefully the weight loss will help me to start working my way off my meds.

That’s awesome. Great story with potential additional benefits.

I walked 500 feet today with a walker but not leaning heavy on it and was discharged to come home today. I’m paying for that walk now. but still nowhere near as painful as the right knee.
                              Formal PT starts Monday.

Comment

Working...
                              X