The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    Just stopped by a shop that has Weller 12 in both sizes, old forester birthday and Elijah Craig barrel proof.

He wants higher than secondary market prices... I hate that stores like this get some of the allocated stuff
    Report them to their parent distilleries...it’s one thing for the peer to peer secondary prices to be inflated, but completely ridiculous for the liquor stores.

Comment

Just stopped by a shop that has Weller 12 in both sizes, old forester birthday and Elijah Craig barrel proof.

He wants higher than secondary market prices... I hate that stores like this get some of the allocated stuff
      What was price on L of weller 12?

Comment

Like Forty Creek, just bought some Makers 46 and have been calling around for Blanton's and nobody has. Just have to try it. I am a Vodka drinker but this time of year a nice Bourbon fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          What was price on L of weller 12?
          $125, retail on it is like $30 I think?

He wanted $99 for the EC barrel proof

Comment

$125, retail on it is like $30 I think?

He wanted $99 for the EC barrel proof
            &$&% naw!!!

It's all went up but not near that I can go pick it up now for $46 ..... and it's been there 2 weeks. Some people in my area are finally drawing a line.... and it's over priced at $46..... good buy at $35

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              &$&% naw!!!

It's all went up but not near that I can go pick it up now for $46 ..... and it's been there 2 weeks. Some people in my area are finally drawing a line.... and it's over priced at $46..... good buy at $35
              $30-$40s is buy it. I see it on secondary all the time at $99. This guys prices were a joke!

I didn’t even look at the rest of the store after that

Comment

Let me guess…Liquor Depot?

Comment

What do y’all recommend for a 50 $ budget ? Sipping Kentucky bourbon .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    Four Roses Single Barrel - 100 proof but is so smooth and goes down way to easy.
                    Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                      Let me guess…Liquor Depot?
                      Nailed it!

Had some meetings in Waco today and stopped in on my way home

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        Get ya a bottle of Basil Hayden, usually around $42

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                          Four Roses Single Barrel - 100 proof but is so smooth and goes down way to easy.
                          Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch
                          These are both good recommendations

Or you can buy a bottle of Elijah Craig small batch for $26.99 and a bottle of Eagle Rare for $25-30 and you'll have 2 great bottle for around $50

Need help picking out a bourbon in the $30 range? We profile five bourbons well worth your time and money. They're a perfect mix of value and quality.

I do not agree with all of their choices but their lists are broken down in price ranges and they have a bunch of great info

Comment

Nailed it!

Had some meetings in Waco today and stopped in on my way home
                            Liquor Depots are notorious for jacking up prices on the hard to find stuff and trying to sell you swill they get by the pallet. I refuse to even step foot in there.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                              Liquor Depots are notorious for jacking up prices on the hard to find stuff and trying to sell you swill they get by the pallet. I refuse to even step foot in there.
                              That’s was my first and last experience with them

Comment

If anyone can get my some Blantons at retail or near it, I have some cash or some rare beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X