Living around Mineral Wells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living around Mineral Wells???

My wife wants to move closer to Fort Worth. The Mineral Wells to Jacksboro area is what we are looking at. We are both from the Lubbock area and have always lived around here so we really don't know a whole lot about that area. My inlaws are interested in moving to Runaway Bay. Anyone know what it would be like for a family of 6 living around there? Thanks for the help.

I live in Aledo just east of Mineral Wells and I have been there a few times and it seems to be a nice little town. They are growing.

Comment

What is the draw to Fort Worth for your wife?

Nothing really in Jacksboro but it is a nice town. It is over an hour from Fort Worth. Nice new schools.

I like Mineral Wells and it is closer to Fort Worth. Nice schools. Weatherford is close as well and has everything that you would need as far as shopping or restaurants

Runaway Bay is obviously on Lake Bridgeport. Nothing there but houses, golf course, a bank and a couple of gas stations. No schools. Would have to drive to Bridgeport for a grocery store. Would have to drive to Decatur for pretty much anything else. Still probably an hour to Fort Worth from Runaway Bay. Houses will be expensive here compared to the other two places
      Last edited by aggie2000tx; 04-21-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Mineral Wells is a nice place. Runaway Bay is not a whole lot but is a nice country setting. Bridgeport is fairly close. Jacksboro is okay. They have typical small town eateries and amenities.
        Mineral Wells would be my first choice if I were considering all of those.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My son and I went on a Turkey hunt 2 weeks ago so my wife and sister in law took 5 other kids to Fort Worth to the zoo etc so now my wife is looking at houses in that area because theres "more to do" and her 2 best friends live in the DFW area. I really dont want to be much closer than an hour to the metroplex. I appreciate the info.

Comment

Runaway Bay very nice and quiet. Jacksboro is a nice little town. Stay as far west as you can. Eastern Wise County is crawling with city people moving out here.

Comment

I grew up north of mineral wells, graduated from there 20+ years ago. The town is really changing due to the Baker hotel opening back up next year. Mineral Wells Lake state park is really good fishing, it’s only a few miles east of town. PK lake is only 35/40 mins north west, it’s come back since the drought as very good fishing. The bravos river runs just west of town, with river access under the bridge. Don’t leave your vehicle unattended there. The north oak Dairy Queen is family owned and very good, Best home made onion rings I’ve ever had. Overall a nice place, if your serious about moving to MW do it soon. The real estate is going up, and is expected to skyrocket when the Baker opens. They have done a lot of work to the downtown area, and I’ve heard it’s nice.

Comment

You are missing the diamond in the rough - come to Graham - so much better than Jacksboro or Mineral Wells (in my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                  You are missing the diamond in the rough - come to Graham - so much better than Jacksboro or Mineral Wells (in my opinion)

Agree.

But it sounds like your wife wants to get to FW often, so you may want to stay near I20, or 199.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends on you budget, Jboro has no stores, Mineral Wells has crack heads but is getting better. Graham is getting worse, I have been here 43 years. If the budget allows then Peaster, Ponder, Aledo or Weatherford area.

Comment

This^^^! Peaster is the place to be and the school is awesome! Still close enough to FW for the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        I like Mineral Wells and it is closer to Fort Worth. Nice schools
                        that would be the first time I heard that. I moved to MW after the army then got out of there as fast as possible. Crackheads and thieves is the majority. they are trying some gentrification but that inbred **** runs deep. I moved a little west of Weatherford and our kids go to Peaster now.

Comment

If you like traffic and city slicks move anywhere in Parker County. The traffic is getting worse than Fort Worth. Mineral Wells is changing fast, the people talking about Meth heads obviously hasn't been here in the last decade. Graham is really nice but too far to commute anywhere for work. Secretly I hope nobody moves here but that's not going to happen, I see it everyday now.

Comment

Lived in Dallas my entire life . I moved to mineral wells almost 5 years ago now , bought 5 acres and built a house. I have a 12 year old, MW schools are not that great but better than most. We send ours to Graford which we actually live closer to. I love Mineral Wells though, met some great local people and its beautiful out here under the stars . Palo Pinto does have some high taxes but I would never move back to the city.

I would look at places on the outskirts .

Garner
                            Lipan
                            Santo
                            Millsap
                            Perrin

still close enough to get to FT worth in an hour, Weatherford in 30min

Good Luck !
                            Last edited by KRB; 04-22-2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

We live in Lipan and love it. Great people around us here. Good luck with the move.

Comment

Working...
                              X