New favorite way to eat venison, Tikka Masala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New favorite way to eat venison, Tikka Masala

Not exactly a recipe, but boy where has this been all my life?. . Wife’s idea. Seared backstrap chunks in hot cast iron, cut the heat way back and simmered in store-bought masala sauce. Served over rice with Indian-style lentils.
    Attached Files

Innnnnersting. Might give it a try. Where does one buy masala sauce? I'm not going to Hyderabad or Kolkata anytime soon.

Comment

Gonna ruin that deer with than indian crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Gonna ruin that deer with than indian crap!
        😝 Lol

Comment

Looks very good

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Innnnnersting. Might give it a try. Where does one buy masala sauce? I'm not going to Hyderabad or Kolkata anytime soon.
            Got it at Kroger. Nowhere fancy.

Comment

I’ve never had much of a taste for Indian food but your overwhelming endorsement has peaked my interest. What is the predominant flavor? Is it curry? (aahkgsth-ptutt!!)

Comment

Approve!

Think they do that with Axis in India?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  I’ve never had much of a taste for Indian food but your overwhelming endorsement has peaked my interest. What is the predominant flavor? Is it curry? (aahkgsth-ptutt!!)
                  Had to google it...

The flavor is hard to describe; lots of good (mild) spices. And buttery/rich.

I’m new to Indian food. Tikka masala and biryani are both excellent.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 30-30; 01-29-2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting, I might just try this version of Indian cuisine. Bound to be a real tasty dish since citizens of India are successful at so many things. Just consider this, they literally wrote The Book of Love, and now one in five humans on Earth lives in India.

Comment

If y’all like this, I highly highly recommend you give vindaloo a try. It is very good, and we like to make it “melt your face off” spicy with habaneros or ghosts added. The jars you can get in the grocery store are pretty good, but the homemade recipes online are way better.

Indian food is super tasty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I've done Josh Rogan before. I'll have to give this a try.

Also had a piece a naan with it!

Comment

Looks freaking delicious

Comment

If it doesn't have curry in it, it might have a chance of being good. What little Indian food I've ever tried before tastes about as good as their music sounds.

Looks similar to carne guisada. I know Mexican food is better than Indian food, but maybe this would be an exception to that rule. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X