Sandhill Crane thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandhill Crane thighs

I wanted to share this simple recipe for sandhill crane thighs. I think thighs/legs are often discarded from game birds but this simple recipe turns them into a great meal. Even my picky young kids loved it.

Been doing something similar to this for a long time. Crazy how legs and thighs get tossed on almost all game birds. Great video!

Comment

Looks pretty good thanks for sharing.

Comment

You're welcome.
        I think i'm going to do another video on duck gizzards and hearts... I cooked some up yesterday and it was shockingly really, really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesg1224 View Post
          You're welcome.
          I think i'm going to do another video on duck gizzards and hearts... I cooked some up yesterday and it was shockingly really, really good.
          Heart and gizzards are the best part of all birds, most don’t agree but I pulled a quick one on my entire family at Christmas with goose hearts. They all loved them commenting how it was so good... still haven’t let them know

I’d like to watch your video recipe of those!

Comment

Yep, cook them in the crockpot all the time. Usually make shredded tacos or enchiladas. Good stuff!!

Comment

Interesting. Will have to try this year

Comment

I do the same thing with wild turkey legs and thighs.

Comment

That looks great and I know how good it can be cooked like that. That’s the perfect method for those on the go and not having the time to stand over the stove. Growing up our favorite way to cook water fowl was fat ducks with no pin feathers, pluck and pot roast and make jambalaya to the pot and smother till the duck was falling off the bone. Geese, pluck the dark geese and cook like the ducks. Light geese, do just like you did but make a gumbo with the geese and all gizzards and hearts. Made a goose gumbo once in Alberta for some guys that said geese were not fit to eat and not only changed their minds but they refused to leave without me writing a recipe for them. Thanks for sharing and hopefully I’m not high jacking your thread.

Comment

Pretty cool video!!

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to do similar with deer shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                      X