Which sausage stuffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sausage stuffer?

I currently have a LEM 5#er, it works great but I'm thinking of getting one more for the days (probably once a year) when we mass process.
    We did 200 pounds this weekend (sometimes we do more, but not much more), and two 5's would have been handy, we had a few people sitting around that could have been stuffing.
    I don't really want a big one for just once a year.

So I guess my question is , which 5 poundish stuffer is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks in advance.

You said you don’t want a big one but I think you do. I make sausage in 25 to 50lbs batches couple times a year got tired of 5lber and splurged on a 30lber and was glad I did. The only part that’s a pain Is washing it afterwards cause it’s bigger than house sink and don’t have hot water outside. It makes less mess while stuffing tho you just throw whole batch in and stuff away.

Comment

Don't buy the Cabelas 20# model. I've had nothing but problems with it since the day I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been using one like this for the past 30 years and have no complaints with it. The still sell them at the Frelsburg General Store.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
          We have been using one like this for the past 30 years and have no complaints with it. The still sell them at the Frelsburg General Store.
          I grew up operating one of those and we still use when make our sausage every year.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            I have that same stuffer, it’s 75 years old, was my Grandmas

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
              Don't buy the Cabelas 20# model. I've had nothing but problems with it since the day I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Does it have plastic gears ? I have been thinking about picking one up .

Comment

I’m of no help with recommendations, but am considering buying a LEM 5 pound stuffer. Any complaints with your LEM?

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  I’m of no help with recommendations, but am considering buying a LEM 5 pound stuffer. Any complaints with your LEM?
                  Mine works good, just wish it was bigger. I'd like a 10.

Comment

LEM works fine, I just wish it was bigger sometimes.

Comment

I bought a Hakka stuffer and really like it. Breaks down easy for cleaning. It holds 11lbs.

Comment

Does the hakka have two speeds?

Comment

Originally posted by k-k View Post
                          My 30lbs does. I think I remember the 11lbs having it too.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                            I bought a Hakka stuffer and really like it. Breaks down easy for cleaning. It holds 11lbs.
                            Originally posted by k-k View Post
                            Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                            My 30lbs does. I think I remember the 11lbs having it too.
                            I found personally that the Hakka is a POS. I got a 15lb vertical one that did fine for regular link sausage, I did 2 50lbs batches. When I tried to make snack sticks with it, the housing broke as did the side of the sausage container and I ended up using my grinder that day to stuff

Its sitting in my garage if you need a parts machine you can have it. I bought a LEM the day it broke and kicked myself for trying to save money the first time on hakka.

Comment

We have a 10 lb. Enterprise stuffer for years that’s a tank! They make a reduction gear for it that makes it real easy to turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X