Sabine NF 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Yea, they watch a couple of young bucks push some does all around the pasture close to the house on the 6th. Said ran them until they both were breathing out of their mouths. They did not see any chasing over the weekend.

Rwc
    Yeah, too dang hot and this heat is gonna be all week. Grrrr......

Comment

Went to SNF this past weekend. I saw squat Sat, too warm and muggy. What a difference a few degrees make though. Sun morning I got drenched after stepping off the road for my half mile trek through the woods to my pop up as the skies opened up. I took off my shirts and put on a black hoody I keep in the blind. My pants weren't too bad as the material is water resistant and I didn't get gold. The temps were dropping and felt great. I fell asleep, as usual, until dawn was slowly breaking. At 7 a doe walks within 10 feet of me. At 745 another doe walks out. At 845 a third doe saunders by. At 945, I see a doe coming and acting nervous, then I see a deer walking very fast but head down. Then it comes back and it's a fork horn. While I'm watching it, out runs a doe being chased by a 6 point and the fork horn joined the chase. I stayed till 11 as I was going to meet a realtor 4 hours away at 4. I left em runnin'. Too bad I'm going to Eden this weekend and have to wait until after thanksgiving. But, at least I'm more encouraged now, than at season beginning. This time next year I'll be retired.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Went to SNF this past weekend. I saw squat Sat, too warm and muggy. What a difference a few degrees make though. Sun morning I got drenched after stepping off the road for my half mile trek through the woods to my pop up as the skies opened up. I took off my shirts and put on a black hoody I keep in the blind. My pants weren't too bad as the material is water resistant and I didn't get gold. The temps were dropping and felt great. I fell asleep, as usual, until dawn was slowly breaking. At 7 a doe walks within 10 feet of me. At 745 another doe walks out. At 845 a third doe saunders by. At 945, I see a doe coming and acting nervous, then I see a deer walking very fast but head down. Then it comes back and it's a fork horn. While I'm watching it, out runs a doe being chased by a 6 point and the fork horn joined the chase. I stayed till 11 as I was going to meet a realtor 4 hours away at 4. I left em runnin'. Too bad I'm going to Eden this weekend and have to wait until after thanksgiving. But, at least I'm more encouraged now, than at season beginning. This time next year I'll be retired.
        Good stuff. Best of luck to you this season. Cheers

Comment

My neighbor at Tbend got one this am . . Six Mile area . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
            My neighbor at Tbend got one this am . . Six Mile area . .
            Yep, that'll work. Nice.

Comment

Two Saturdays ago I shot a 2 1/2 old spike. Haven't seen anything since. Getting discouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Two Saturdays ago I shot a 2 1/2 old spike. Haven't seen anything since. Getting discouraging.

I spent the weekend in the DCNF and saw one deer, running from a cow pasture into public as I drove down the road. All of my deer sign is gone and where I normally see 3-5 does the area is entirely dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone been hunting SNF lately?

Comment

Couple of small ones killed by my camp . . Meat . . Last weekend . . Six mile area . .

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't going this weekend, but going muzzleloading next weekend. Anyone else?

Comment

Snow is predicted on Monday. Very good. I will be hunting in Toledo Bend Sabine NF Sat, Sun,and Mon Am. Muzzleloader. I hope I get to track them in the snow while they are confused. Should be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X